2007 SOG Knives

That SEAL team Elite would have been an immediate purchase if it didn't have that "rasp back".

I don't know why there's such a big enthusiasm for that feature at SOG.

It's not a saw, so it doesn't cut. It's very rough, so it seriously louses up penetration coming and going.

Why can't SOG replace the non-functional "rasp" with true serrations? :confused: At least then the "rough" back edge would have some genuine functionality.

It's not like a serrated clip blade doesn't look "sexy" either. Never mind the silly Rambo saw back, check out the serrated clip on the Buck 184 . Every time I see those old Bucks I keep wondering why SOG doesn't do something like that with their SEAL knives. SOG does know how to do great serrations, too! Imagine a forward clip or a whole back edge on a SEAL or a Tigershark like that!

btw. That damascus SOG is a show stopper!! OMG! :D

I agree. Whenever I see them I think WTF! Those rasps just kinda appeared with no explanation or intended purpose given. Kilowatt=wierd, not SOG. Muscle car? don't even get me started:barf: AND I was really disapointed they didn't come out with a PE clip poin, coated Trident folder.

that muscle car makes me want to puke too :thumbdn: looks like something franklin mint would`ve made not sog .

I suspect it's intended to appeal to the ever-growing number of NASCAR fans out there. All SOG would need to do is start offering the knife in "car colors" and drivers' numbers on them; NASCAR fans would go berserk over the knife.

We're talking about a demographic where the more die hard fans eat only certain brands of food/ drink and shop only at certain stores because those sponsors fund their favorite driver.

I suspect it's intended to appeal to the ever-growing number of NASCAR fans out there. All SOG would need to do is start offering the knife in "car colors" and drivers' numbers on them; NASCAR fans would go berserk over the knife.

We're talking about a demographic where the more die hard fans eat only certain brands of food/ drink and shop only at certain stores because those sponsors fund their favorite driver.

Well, it makes their core market sick and ashamed.

Why should it make you sick and ashamed?

Sure, the muscle car is silly/ weird. If the whole NASCAR fan base dramatically improves SOG's profitability, then it's a good thing. For starters, it will enable the company to release more new products every year, which could be the kind of knives you'd rather see (and I'd rather see).

I think as SOG fans/ collectors we'd all like to see that happen. You have to remember, not every knife buyer out there is as sophisticated as you are.

...and there's a lot of other knife buyers who look down on us for liking production knives when there's so many fancier/ exotic knives being made by custom makers and high-end speciality companies.

Personally, I'm more worried the Electrician doesn't seem to have an insulated handle/ blade interface. If someone tries stripping/ cutting a hot wire with the new Electrician, they're in for a surprise.

Something to keep in mind is that it's apart of their Fusion line not apart of the SOG line up.

As long as tools like the Vulcan and Powerlock 2.0 meet my quality expectations, I personally could care less what knives are sold in the Fusion line.

Why should it make you sick and ashamed?

Sure, the muscle car is silly/ weird. If the whole NASCAR fan base dramatically improves SOG's profitability, then it's a good thing. For starters, it will enable the company to release more new products every year, which could be the kind of knives you'd rather see (and I'd rather see).

I think as SOG fans/ collectors we'd all like to see that happen. You have to remember, not every knife buyer out there is as sophisticated as you are.

...and there's a lot of other knife buyers who look down on us for liking production knives when there's so many fancier/ exotic knives being made by custom makers and high-end speciality companies.

Personally, I'm more worried the Electrician doesn't seem to have an insulated handle/ blade interface. If someone tries stripping/ cutting a hot wire with the new Electrician, they're in for a surprise.

I don;t think that I'm sophisticated in the least but will admit that you have a very good point:thumbup: . The electrician seems to be something that should have been created as a multitool IMO.

Chris@SOG; Just wanted to say that the SEAL Team Elite look just about right. But seriously, why doesn't the company consider revamping the original SOG bowie line into something of a heritage collection? As in doing the full Vietnam thing? Down to the names and places. Could be solely a commemorative line, along with regular non-marked ones for folks who want to actually use them. These is room for growth in this direction, all I see these days is a bunch of fad-orientated knives which IMHO could probably last no more than only a couple of seasons. Sorry to have to say this, but there seems to be an inconsistant image problem with SOG Knives of late, and i won't ask why. i sure hope things settle down in design.

I looked through and there is nothing there that I would buy.. my money is and has gone elsewhere. And to be honest will continue to go elsewhere... bye bye SOG

Have you considered buying a Pentagon?

It's a well designed knife with some very handy features you can't get elsewhere. ;)

Okay, that was my obligatory Pent promo.

Is it possible to get a pic with a view of the Vulcan's pocket clip?

If they are going to make it in the shape of the cut out holy SOG logo im gonna go crazy.

I like the looks of the TAC looks like it would fit good in the hand. Looking forward to seeing it at blade

OMG u mean its true? This Vulcan will have the HOLY logo too?

Please I hope not, I have been waiting for years for a replacement for my Mini Vision.

I find their knives getting too over labeled. Would understand they would want to engrave the blade and handle with SOG, but cutting out a huge SOG on the clip makes it ugly and unsightly. So much for low profile carry...

I actually passed off changing my mini for other low carry models simply because of this HOLY logo.

And I also noticed that the Vulcan is stated on the SOG website as 5" blade with a 8.375" overall length? which makes the handle 3.375"??
How on earth is that possible? Typo error?

Everyone has an opinion. ;)

Heres mine.

I often get to show all types of SOG knives, including my Revolver series. I hear lots of comments from the public concerning the shapes, colors, steels, etc. of SOG knives (hundreds and hundreds)

This may seem a bit odd to those who do not like the logo put on handles, clips etc., but I hear many more good comments concerning the logo of SOG than I do negative remarks.

I know..........I often read here on this forum that several people don't like them, and I'm certain there are several away from this forum who don't.

But the majority (I would say easily 80% or more) of people who I hear comment on SOG knives have said things like..........ooooh, I so love the large lettering on that clip.........and ahhhhhh.........that lettering cutout makes that knife look so cool I think.

So where does this leave us ?

Don't ask if I like them..............:rolleyes:

Oh, to each his own.......of course we don't all like the same things..............:D

Robbie Roberson ;)

LOL, maybe we should make a poll on this. It would be interesting to see how the community responds to it. :)

IMO SOG has not made a decent knife in a while. After getting jacked around by their customer service when I had sent back a Twitch II because the lock was not operational and then getting a Taiwan made Gov-Tac that was a really poor example of quality I don't think I will get any more. It is a shame because I was a die-hard fan and still have a bunch of old ones.

Regrets, Vince

tax title and surcharges not inlcuded, some restrictions apply, individual results may vary, no sales to CA and MA, no animals were harmed in the making of this product, do not eat, keep out of the reach of children, opinions quoted are not representative of SOG Knives.

:)

I'm willing to recommend a SOG Pentagon because it is such an incredible knife.

Back