2018 BF Traditional Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to recommend something from the #68 Pony Jack pattern. IIRC these haven't been made since 2013. Clip point main with long pull and coping secondary. Maybe add a shield to it?

How about make it a barehead, to boot? Or even a shadow pattern? That cross-cut micarta gunstock that birdvis has on his instagram is pretty awesome.
Bare head ebony with federal shield. Single clip point blade with long pull. All steel construction. I like it!

#25 Easy Open Jack with a single spear blade in 440C, moss green jigged bone, and a acorn shield.

I have heard rumors of a 14 run this year (in the "Let's Talk GEC" thread).

A 2 blade 14 TC in red linen micarta would make a nice companion knife for last year's TC barlow if Waynorth would go for it...:)

I'm pretty sure it would have to piggyback on a run GEC is already planning on doing. Would have been sweet to get a Whaler as a forum knife, but I reckon that ship has sailed.

Can we save a ton of time and just get the options available first - please?

I think it would be less disappointing to just cut to the chase and ask GEC to tell us what our options are. We end up with pages of requests and in the end our options are limited to a vote for cover choices only. Hopefully I don't sound like I'm complaining - I probably do... not trying to... it's just the way it goes... 50 pages of requests over the next 3 months then whoever (thankfully/usually Charlie or Jack or both) is working with GEC will tell us what pattern it will be and then another month later we vote for a choice of cover materials.

I sort of feel like I just told a child the Easter Bunny isn't real. Maybe some of the fun is throwing out requests. Maybe GEC looks at this thread and it helps. I know all the dealers and vendors see this thread, so all the guessing does serve a purpose in that it gives them an overall sense of what the forum wants.. I just feel like what we want is super limited and it would be nice if GEC said here's 7 patterns we are running the rest of the year and what do you guys want from these options.

Last edited:
Can we save a ton of time and just get the options available first - please?

I think it would be less disappointing to just cut to the chase and ask GEC to tell us what our options are. We end up with pages of requests and in the end our options are limited to a vote for cover choices only. Hopefully I don't sound like I'm complaining - I probably do... not trying to... it's just the way it goes... 50 pages of requests over the next 3 months then whoever (thankfully/usually Charlie or Jack or both) is working with GEC will tell us what pattern it will be and then another month later we vote for a choice of cover materials.

I'm so new I don't know who even bears the responsibility for asking. I agree with you that the sooner that happens, the better. In the meantime, though, it is fun to see everybody throwing their pipe dreams into the wind.

It is cool when a new pattern is introduced with a BF knife. In 2014 the 77 pattern was introduced with the stag forum knife. Also, in 2016 the 35 pattern was introduced with the BF Harness jack forum knife.

So how about a larger Pemberton? GEC’s version is a great looking pattern? Imagine a 3.5 to 3.75 inch closed version of this.
309AEBF3-8FA8-49B0-B5E0-267DA7D1F698.jpeg

Last edited:
It is cool when a new pattern is introduced with a BF knife. In 2014 the 77 pattern introduced stag forum knife. Also, in 2016 the 35 pattern was introduced with the BF Harness jack forum knife.

So how about a larger Pemberton? GEC’s version is a great looking pattern? Imagine a 3.5 to 3.75 inch closed version of this.
View attachment 884172

now thats an idea!

#14 with a clip (crown lifter would be cool but not necessary), a #44 with a clip or a #68 clip and coping! Those would be my 3 choices. Just echoing what some others have said...

It is cool when a new pattern is introduced with a BF knife. In 2014 the 77 pattern was introduced with the stag forum knife. Also, in 2016 the 35 pattern was introduced with the BF Harness jack forum knife.

View attachment 884172
I've always admired your pemberton pictures, Travman, but thought it would be too small for my liking. However, at 3.75 I'd be more interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back