2018 BF Traditional Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the special box that Buck can offer for this run, if chosen. Can laser etch the BF logo on it and all the specs of the knife on the side. It would add something like $5-7 to the cost of the knife (Mod. hope that's okay to say, let me know)

View attachment 889991 View attachment 889992
Wow that is a beautiful looking knife & packaging. Thank you for all your efforts towards this year's BF knife. I hope this one wins out in the end. :thumbsup:

GEC made knives, or maybe, knives made under the stewardship of Bill Howard, are what drew me to traditional knives.
When you hold one of those knives you can see and feel the craftsmanship involved in making it.
They are the closest to custom you can get and still be made on a production line, I think.

While there are historic examples of this kind of quality in knife making, currently only GEC is making knives like this.
The knives GEC make are why retailers have to come up with raffles and early reserve systems. Nobody is complaining about missing out on buying the latest Buck knife.
I doubt most of us even know anything about what the latest Buck knife is. They are not special.

I have no desire for a Buck made forum knife, no matter what bells and whistles they tack on it.

GEC made knives, or maybe, knives made under the stewardship of Bill Howard, are what drew me to traditional knives.
When you hold one of those knives you can see and feel the craftsmanship involved in making it.
They are the closest to custom you can get and still be made on a production line, I think.

While there are historic examples of this kind of quality in knife making, currently only GEC is making knives like this.
The knives GEC make are why retailers have to come up with raffles and early reserve systems. Nobody is complaining about missing out on buying the latest Buck knife.
I doubt most of us even know anything about what the latest Buck knife is. They are not special.

I have no desire for a Buck made forum knife, no matter what bells and whistles they tack on it.

Buck knives aren't special? Hmm.

They aren't known for being expensive, but not special?

Here is the special box that Buck can offer for this run, if chosen. Can laser etch the BF logo on it and all the specs of the knife on the side. It would add something like $5-7 to the cost of the knife (Mod. hope that's okay to say, let me know)

View attachment 889991 View attachment 889992
I'd like this one in CPM 154 with the tang stamp. Maybe do something to the bolsters (threaded, etc).

Oh well, your loss :rolleyes: I was carrying Buck knives when GEC wasn't even a dream...

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say this , I started out carrying buck knives and like them a lot . Still have a few from way back but they don't hold a candle to a great eastern knife . Doesn't mean they aren't any good but it's easy to see the craftsmanship doesn't come close . My first choice for a forum knife is no doubt GEC however if they did not want to make it this year I would consider a buck knife .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back