2018 John White MS Memorial BEST BOWIE - VOTE for the overall WINNER

Which of these tremendous knives is your overall favorite for 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats Lin Rhea! Absolutely love the handle treatment, guard ends, whole package!!

Congrats to Lin! Definitely a well deserved win with a knife and style that hold so true to the title of this great annual thread.

Great job as well to all of the nominees and finalists!

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (Just some older videos of some older knives I've made in the past)

Congratulations, Lin! Outstanding work.

Rick, you belong here. We know it. Now you know it.

To all the nominees and finalists, thank you for setting the bar high and providing motivation to makers like me who are trying to get to your level.

A Happy and productive New Year to all.

Last edited:
Congratulations Lin, and all of the other makers that were part of this year’s nominations!

When does the pass around start for the winning knife?? LOL.

What would be cool - if practical - would be if the lucky owner of that knife would allow Lin to display it at Blade - together with the plaque that STeven and Paranee will provide.

Thank you for the opportunity to have my knife in this event. It truly is an honor! I appreciate you Roger as well and the hard work and willingness of those who support the John White Memorial Best of... events held here on the forum. Thank you Joe and STeven. I have thought of John more often in connection with this event so I know this memorial is serving to keep a standard of quality and gentle demeanor in front of us, emphasizing the very purpose of it's conception.

I have a very busy schedule already lined up for the year 2019. As of yet, I am not sure about attending the Blade Show. I'm stretched tight trying to get done all I have to do. That's not saying I wont be there but that decision hasn't been made yet.

I am happy for the owner of this knife and am gratified that not only myself but the owner has this to validate our individual investments. And it truly is an investment as you will testify I'm sure.

Speaking of investments, I have been building a new work shop in which to build more knives. I hope to be more efficient and comfortable for myself and any visitors I may have in the future. That is what has been taking up my time lately. It's in the last throes of construction and set up. I could make a knife now in it but I will lessen the likelihood of sewing up the details which I am determined to do.

Thank you again and rest assured any plaque that result from this will be appreciated greatly.

Congrats Lin! And congrats to everyone who had a knife in - what a hard decision with so many excellently made knives.

congrats, Roger, on another engaging and fun BB thread! Well done and much appreciated.
Respect!

Back