2018 Spyderco Product Guide - Live!

YES!! Thank you!

Native 5 Salt and Spyderhawk sprint!

Last edited:
Wow, you did it again Spyderco... There are some NICE news in this here catalog.. :thumbsup:

OK, I just finished reading through this whole thing. And I must say, after all that was hyped about the number of new models that were supposed to be released, given how many were discontinued, and all the flurry of discussion around the increase in map pricing, I am so underwhelmed by this catalog.

There is almost nothing new in here. Sure there are some potentially interesting sprint runs of some of the evergreen Spydercos. But there is scarcely anything actually in here that is actually new, let alone innocative. We lost the Slysz, the Domino, and the Southard for... nothing?

I can only hope what this really means that there will be a lot of product announcements next year that are not in this catalog. Because if this actually represents everything, or the bulk of things that Spyderco is introducing to the market this year, it is a huge disappointment and deeply deeply uninteresting.

Huge Spyderco fan here. :(

Last edited:
I too was a little underwhelmed. But there are many models announced last year that still have not made it into the wild. I imagine Spyderco doesn't want to announce even MORE products that simply cannot make it to production by the end of next year. So in that sense we could see a lot of new product announcements next year, but them not being in the "OFFICIAL 2018 CATALOG" because they may not be ready in 2018?

Yeah, I really have to wonder. I mean some of the items that of already been released in late 2017 are not even included in the catalog at all. No maxamet PM2s or Para3s, for example.

Also kind of disappointing to not see S110V versions of the shaman and the little native announced.

OK, I just finished reading through this whole thing. And I must say, after all that was hyped about the number of new models that were supposed to be released, given how many were discontinued, and all the flurry of discussion around the increase in map pricing, I am so underwhelmed by this catalog.

There is almost nothing new in here. Sure there are some potentially interesting sprint runs of some of the evergreen Spydercos. But there is scarcely anything actually in here that is actually new, let alone innocative. We lost the Slysz, the Domino, and the Southard for... nothing?

I can only hope what this really means that there will be a lot of product announcements next year that are not in this catalog. Because if this actually represents everything, or the bulk of things that Spyderco is introducing to the market this year, it is a huge disappointment and deeply deeply uninteresting.

I'm sure there will be releases that aren't in the catalog, there usually are, right?

But overall I'm in agreement. The Lil Natives we already knew about. Native 5 Salt was something cool to see in LC200N but other than that I'm not digging much else.

I'm sure there will be releases that aren't in the catalog, there usually are, right?

But overall I'm in agreement. The Lil Natives we already knew about. Native 5 Salt was something cool to see in LC200N but other than that I'm not digging much else.

I agree, the LC200N Native was the brightest spot in the catalog for me.

On a positive note though, the catalog looked great and was fun to look at for sure.

The following are NEW Spyderco knife models, not previously announced and as seen in the 2018 Spyderco Catalog which was released on December 8, 2017:

1. Native5 Salt LC200N PlainEdge Yellow FRN (USA)
  2. Native5 Salt LC200N SpyderEdge Yellow FRN (USA)
  3. Respect CPM-154 Black G-10 (USA)
  4. WaterWay LC200N Black G-10 (USA)
  5. Calypso Jr. Super Blue Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  6. Delica4 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  7. DragonFly2 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  8. Endura4 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  9. Kopa VG-10 Stainless Steel Sprint (Japan)
  10. LadyBug V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  11. ManBug V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  12. Parata VG-10 Black G-10 (Japan)
  13. Rescue3 VG-10 FFG Black FRN (Japan)
  14. Shabaria VG-10 Gray G-10 Sprint (Japan)
  15. Spyderhawk Salt H-1 Orange FRN Sprint (Japan)
  16. Stretch2 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  17. PPT CPM-S90V Solid CF Sprint (Taiwan)
  18. Warrior Hawk D2 Black G-10 (Taiwan)
  19. Zoomer CPM-20CV Black G-10 (Taiwan)
  20. ClipTool Rescue 8Cr13MoV SpyderEdge Black G-10 (China)
  21. ClipTool Standard 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black G-10 (China)

Last edited:
I agree, the LC200N Native was the brightest spot in the catalog for me.

Right, because it's not H1 it can be US made so that's cool to keep the Native in the US since that's where all other renditions of the line are made now.

The following are NEW, not previously announced and as seen in the 2018 Spyderco Catalog which was released on December 8, 2017:

1. Native5 Salt LC200N PlainEdge Yellow FRN (USA)
  2. Native5 Salt LC200N SpyderEdge Yellow FRN (USA)
  3. WaterWay LC200N Black G-10 (USA)
  4. Calypso Jr. Super Blue Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  5. Delica4 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  6. DragonFly2 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  7. Endura4 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  8. Kopa VG-10 Stainless Steel Sprint (Japan)
  9. LadyBug V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  10. ManBug V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  11. Parata VG-10 Black G-10 (Japan)
  12. Rescue3 VG-10 FFG Black FRN (Japan)
  13. Shabaria VG-10 Gray G-10 Sprint (Japan)
  14. Spyderhawk Salt H-1 Orange FRN Sprint (Japan)
  15. Stretch2 V-Toku2/SUS310 Blue-Gray FRN Sprint (Japan)
  16. PPT CPM-S90V Solid CF Sprint (Taiwan)
  17. Warrior Hawk D2 Black G-10 (Taiwan)
  18. Zoomer CPM-20CV Black G-10 (Taiwan)
  19. ClipTool Rescue 8Cr13MoV SpyderEdge Black G-10 (China)
  20. ClipTool Standard 8Cr13MoV PlainEdge Black G-10 (China)

Whole lotta Sprints.

Besides a few nice fixed blades, I feel the same. I don't doubt there will be a lot of releases though throughout the year. They sort of did that this year, and I anticipate more of the same.

And the LC200N likes the plain edges better than H1.... It will be a good one I think.

The new fixed blades look pretty good, and there are a few interesting shapes, like the Perata. My hope is that they try to only announce stuff that will be coming out reasonably soon. That didn't happen this year, and I wonder if that affected how they will announce things in future. You can't can't leave people hanging without consequence.

Back