2019 BF

Still Friday here. CK’s tracking page has a map that comes up showing a nicely arcing flight path between Tulsa and Saint Paul, which tells me the knives must be in the neighborhood. Why it will take two days to go the last thirty-five miles is a puzzle. It would not surprise me to see them on my doorstep today. Saturday would be just as predictable.

I have received no notice at all. Probably after the holidays for me. As Bruce Willis said, in "Moonlighting".... Kay Sarah Sarah.

BF knives showed up late last night. Poor indoor lighting, but these are very nice knives. Love the bomb shield, and the action and pull is spot on.

7e8jQPn.jpg

Great looking knife. Unfortunately I did not get in on this.

Is this an annual thing? How would one know about the next BF knife?
It has been an annual thing for over a decade now. Hopefully it will continue.
If you visit this sub-forum occasionally, you're likely to see many threads as the process unfolds. There are early discussions, polls on facets of the knife design, an ordering thread etc. It will span months and many, many posts.

My two are supposed to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to get my hands on them. This design is perfect by my reconning.

I have received no notice at all. Probably after the holidays for me. As Bruce Willis said, in "Moonlighting".... Kay Sarah Sarah.
GEC shipped out the last BF #86 batch out on Wednesday. The late buyers will get their knives last. I am so thrilled that I am receiving one , I don't care if comes in January . The whole #86 Oil field jack run has been wonderful. I never bought so many 2 blade knives in my life. I am so looking forward to the 2020 Trapper run.

I'm starting to think my forum knife and Waynorth Black Jack will be arriving at nearly the same time. My head might explode! So pumped for both. The Forum Knives look even better than the mock up suggested they would!

Still Friday here. CK’s tracking page has a map that comes up showing a nicely arcing flight path between Tulsa and Saint Paul, which tells me the knives must be in the neighborhood. Why it will take two days to go the last thirty-five miles is a puzzle. It would not surprise me to see them on my doorstep today. Saturday would be just as predictable.

Sure, enough, a day early. Guess I’d better slog out to the mailbox. Pics of the actual knives will have to wait.

F37F4987-C8EA-47F9-ABC8-5D0F5E732F87.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine arrived today, and measured a hair over 82 grams @ 3.87" closed. Width at center pin is 0.53 inches. W&T is near perfect, even before cleaning, and the F&F is nearly as good. TOTALLY nitpicking, the top center pin is a little below the surface on both sides, and the tiniest fraction of light shows between the backspring and one liner for about a ¼ inch. The blackwood covers are beautifully rounded in all directions, and very black. Came arm hair shaving sharp, too!

VGElGrj.jpg

Back