2019 BF

I think something is wrong with mine!
9wTfPaT.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is more of a brown than a black wood, depending on the light (and next to some true black ebony):
86OOuoV.jpg

It's beautiful, so I'm not complaining. :):thumbsup:
Ob7s5Nm.jpg
Many months ago, when I realized this was going to be sort of a sailor's knife (and that's its name now!), I figured a dark brown wood would be ideal. I think they have turned out great. Hope mine is in my mailbox when I get home today!

Looks like they over-heated the blade when they sharpened it. :eek: ;) :p

black mamba black mamba - Seems an employee of GEC would have noticed that amount of over heating while sharpening the blade and would have called a supervisor's attention to it. Maybe the result of some over zealous sharpening by the recipient?

waynorth waynorth - Like you, I find it hard to believe that came from GEC as pictured but then again, stranger things have happened.

Mine came last night and it is EXCEPTIONAL, except for some reason there are 2 light scuffs on one bolster. And it's nice and black hooray! But now I'm torn bc I bought the knife intending to do all kinds of mods, like a coffin handle and regrind, but given the unmet demand for the knife maybe I should pass it on to someone who will love it in an unmolested form. Guess I'll keep it for now and decide after the holidays.

black mamba black mamba - Seems an employee of GEC would have noticed that amount of over heating while sharpening the blade and would have called a supervisor's attention to it. Maybe the result of some over zealous sharpening by the recipient?

waynorth waynorth - Like you, I find it hard to believe that came from GEC as pictured but then again, stranger things have happened.
It was just a joke

Back