Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

knifeswapper

Knife Peddler
Since each decision will impact the choices on future options, I am going to run these in phases. Unless something dramatic changes, this is the schedule. Start and end times will be around 4pm central.

Decided: Single Sabre Sheepfoot on #86 frame, same liners/bolsters/pins as production model.
2/25 - 2/28 Phase 1: Trim ===> Northfield Trim
2/28 - 3/4 Phase 2: End capped, Blade Finish, Matchstriker [if needed]
===> Bare ended, Satin finish, Matchstriker Long Pull
3/4 - 3/7 Phase 3: Slab Type ===> Smooth Wood
3/10 - 3/14 Phase 4: Slab Specific, Shield ===> African Blackwood, Bomb Shield
3/14 - 3/17 Phase 5: Provisional

Add-on Poll: Custom Pin and Label

Trim: Northfield (cut swedge, long pull, and lined bolster) or Tidioute (drawn swedge, crescent nick, and smooth bolster)
If Northfield, can choose between long pull or matchstriker long pull.

End Capped: GEC drew it up to be unique from the general run; but will cap it if desired.

Finish: Satin or Polished blade

Slabs: Any slabs GEC currently utilizes. If not a current GEC general production slab; GEC nor dealer will warranty against unforeseen slab defects. First will choose type, then specific.
--most older acrylics are just run for a year or so - thus will probably not still be available

Shield: None or Any general production shield not allocated to an sfo or specialty (beaver, rose, etc.). If BF wants a unique shield it is not a problem, but will add costs. BF will have to provide the designer to deliver a vector drawing.
--smooth slabs have to have non-stamped shield

Provisional: If everything falls into place for special polls, we can hold them here. For example, if everything works out exactly right to vote on a brushed shield/bolster - we could do that in this phase.

International Participants: If you live outside the U.S. and fully plan to purchase a knife, but do not already have a re-shipper service set up; send me ( support@collectorknives.net ) an email with a subject of "International BF Delivery" and body including only your name and country. This will help me start gauging a possible solution for this issue.

Who can buy: (from last years post by mods) Any BladeForums member in good standing. That would be one who has been a member for at least 3 months prior to this post and has 30 posts on BF spread over at least that amount of time. (Note: if the posts are all, "nice knife" or similar, they don't count.) The posts need not be in Traditional. They can be in any of the discussion forums. But if they are all in the exchange, then that’s not what we are looking for, either. If you are missing a bit on the qualifying parameters, you can contact @knarfeng or Peregrin Peregrin and ask for a waiver. We gave a lot of them last year.

Last edited:
Since each decision will impact the choices on future options, I am going to run these in phases. Unless something dramatic changes, this is the schedule. Start and end times will be around 4pm central.

2/25 - 2/28 Phase 1: Trim
2/28 - 3/4 Phase 2: End capped, Blade Finish, Matchstriker [if needed]
3/4 - 3/7 Phase 3: Slab Type
3/7 - 3/11 Phase 4: Slab Specific, Shield
3/11 - 3/14 Phase 5: Provisional

Trim: Northfield (cut swedge, long pull, and lined bolster) or Tidioute (drawn swedge, crescent nick, and smooth bolster)
If Northfield, can choose between long pull or matchstriker long pull.

End Capped: GEC drew it up to be unique from the general run; but will cap it if desired.

Finish: Satin or Polished blade

Slabs: Any slabs GEC currently utilizes. If not a current GEC general production slab; GEC nor dealer will warranty against unforeseen slab defects. First will choose type, then specific.
--most older acrylics are just run for a year or so - thus will probably not still be available

Shield: None or Any general production shield not allocated to an sfo or specialty (beaver, rose, etc.). If BF wants a unique shield it is not a problem, but will add costs. BF will have to provide the designer to deliver a vector drawing.
--smooth slabs have to have non-stamped shield

Provisional: If everything falls into place for special polls, we can hold them here. For example, if everything works out exactly right to vote on a brushed shield/bolster - we could do that in this phase.

International Participants: If you live outside the U.S. and fully plan to purchase a knife, but do not already have a re-shipper service set up; send me ( support@collectorknives.net ) an email with a subject of "International BF Delivery" and body including only your name and country. This will help me start gauging a possible solution for this issue.
Thanks. I like the short phases. :thumbsup:

Back