Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the wait list, I'd be more than willing to grab one :)
I hope you are successful in the first cut rather than going through the Exchange.

I assume such an email notification could come from anyone including Mike if it turns out there are a few that the original buyer opted out of paying for the knife or simply another forum member who decides they don't want it. As a result, it would be shipped to them and forwarded to you. If I were trying to contact you directly, I would PM you versus email.

I hope you are successful in the first cut rather than going through the Exchange.

I assume such an email notification could come from anyone including Mike if it turns out there are a few that the original buyer opted out of paying for the knife or simply another forum member who decides they don't want it. As a result, it would be shipped to them and forwarded to you. If I were trying to contact you directly, I would PM you versus email.

I appreciate the information. Any idea where I am on the waitlist? I think I was 5 or 6 before, at least one guy opted out in this thread. Thanks!

I'm on the wait list, I'd be more than willing to grab one :)

I'd suggest you touch base with Gary Peregrin Peregrin for the answers to your questions.
Thanks,Ed.
I've been off the grid for a week or so. There is a list and Snodgrass is on it. Sometime in the next few days we'll be assessing where we're at. We will let you know if there's one available for you and for others who were put on the waiting list.
CC: knarfeng knarfeng

Thanks,Ed.
I've been off the grid for a week or so. There is a list and Snodgrass is on it. Sometime in the next few days we'll be assessing where we're at. We will let you know if there's one available for you and for others who were put on the waiting list.
CC: knarfeng knarfeng
Much appreciated Gary. Thank you guys so much for doing this. I'm sure it's a lot of work to pull together.

Cheers,
Chris

Ive got mine claimed and paid, with back label. Was hoping some folks had already received theirs. Ive been checking back every couple hours to see if any pics pop up. It appears we arent quite there yet lol.

None of this wishy-washy stuff. All or nothing!

Actually I'm getting antsy waiting for this to drop. It will probably show in my mail after I hit the road, so then I get to wait until thanksgiving....

I appreciate the information. Any idea where I am on the waitlist? I think I was 5 or 6 before, at least one guy opted out in this thread. Thanks!
I think you are 7.
However, there are some folks who signed up for a knife who have not signed onto BF since March. And there were some other changes that happened.
I can't promise, but the Magic 8 Ball says, "Outlook Good"

Not sure if it's necessary to post here after the fact but my forum knives are bought and paid for. Many thanks for all the enormous efforts made by folks to see this forum knife to fruition, it's going to be a special knife.

1) What is the Custom Back Label?

On the order page it says...

If you want to leave off the custom back label, select below.

This is my first forum knife and I just don't know what this means.

2) I know in the mock-up they show Bladeforums being on the front of the tang. Is that still the case as well? I like that.

Edit:
Doesn't matter..... ordered it with the custom back label. Life is too short. ;)

Last edited:
1) What is the Custom Back Label?

On the order page it says...

If you want to leave off the custom back label, select below.

This is my first forum knife and I just don't know what this means.

2) I know in the mock-up they show Bladeforums being on the front of the tang. Is that still the case as well? I like that.

Edit:
Doesn't matter..... ordered it with the custom back label. Life is too short. ;)
I've been here less than two years, but will attempt to answer.
(1) GEC slipjoints generally (always?) come in a tube, rather than a box, like Case and Buck knives. The tubes have labels. I don't know if back labels are standard, but I know that the text for this one was written by one of the regular members, meako meako . I, for one, am looking forward to this.
(2) I think the mock-up is probably accurate.

In progress, back from heat treat!
IMG_0102.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back