2019 GEC 29 Humpback/Stockyard Whittler Thread

Yes it was but seemed more of a controlled environment and not as hostile for some reason lol . I was so afraid it was going to be snatched from my cart after sifting threw many trying to pick the right one. But not the case it was still there after it was completed. I wonder if once you have it in your cart and your going threw the payment process it locks it in unlike the other .
No, I don't think it does. I had one that I picked out in my cart and by the time I input card info and selected check-out I got an out of stock message. Luckily, I was still able to snag one of the lighter colored ones. It is a good idea though (at least for a limited time like 1-2 minutes to complete check-out).

Incoming...
BvupEmv.jpg

rbbnNBr.jpg

I've seen it referred to as both, but generally I think the wood/tree is curly maple. But when you get a nice slab with the striping it becomes "tiger." Still curly maple, but more specific. Maybe more appropriately detailed as "tiger-striped curly maple."

I've seen it referred to as both, but generally I think the wood/tree is curly maple. But when you get a nice slab with the striping it becomes "tiger." Still curly maple, but more specific. Maybe more appropriately detailed as "tiger-striped curly maple."
Interesting and very good explanation we’re as you can be satisfied with both nice slabs of wood being Tiger or a Curly depending on your taste :)
It seems this run had more Tiger then Curly Maple :thumbsup:

Last edited:
No, I don't think it does. I had one that I picked out in my cart and by the time I input card info and selected check-out I got an out of stock message. Luckily, I was still able to snag one of the lighter colored ones. It is a good idea though (at least for a limited time like 1-2 minutes to complete check-out).
I just used PayPal and seemed to be pretty fast and successful.

Man what a great run of these Curly Maple SFO’s . I absolutely love the covers on everyone I’ve seen so far and the maple leaf shield is without a doubt the frosting on the cake !

The curly maple's almost made me jump in on the frenzy - every one if them is gorgeous. Ultimately I couldn't pull the trigger as I have a 77 and three 92s reserved which are more my jam. I regret it more and more with each photo posted. Congrats to all who got one.

The blade etch thing is getting a little crazy, the etch issue needs a full investigation, including harsh interrogation of the people responsible for this new rule, and possibly even an entire thread.

But the TKC etch seems over done.

The etch says "TKC" in big letters, and the under it "Maple L.E. Series"

This is supposed to be for "limited edition", but it could be "law enforcement" or something else.

They should have just done "Maple Series #1" with a small TKC, or even better a small maple leaf etch with the knife number inside.

E Elgatodeacero I definitely see what your saying . But honestly it doesn’t bother me because it’s just etching which can easily disappear with use or a couple of minutes with some Flitz. I do like your preferred mention of how the layout of the etching could of been. But really I kind of like the etching as is although I might not be in the minority.
We can’t forget that after all it is there SFO :)

I've been keeping a close eye on these 29 drops. I'm definitely picking one up but wanted to see how Those stag 29s turn out. Any experienced whittlers out there use knives with stag handles? Not sure if the stag would create hot spots while whittling. I've seen some stag handle scales that had some pretty aggressive ridges on them.

I've been keeping a close eye on these 29 drops. I'm definitely picking one up but wanted to see how Those stag 29s turn out. Any experienced whittlers out there use knives with stag handles? Not sure if the stag would create hot spots while whittling. I've seen some stag handle scales that had some pretty aggressive ridges on them.
That’s a tough call since Stag is so unique from knife to knife . You might have to try and pick out a smooth one if the option is there to choose .

Back