2019 GEC 92 Eureka Jack

I just got my beautiful TSA Calico Bone #94

WQAAAno.jpg

Looks good, not to dark :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, guys, that's what I thought. The pile side is a little darker, maybe I'll try to lighten it some, I sure like the salt & pepper look of the mark side.

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked a bunch already but I checked back a few days and haven't seen it so here goes. Does anybody know when the Camel Bone Version of the 92's are shipping to the dealers? I assumed they must be heading out soon. Any info appreciated.:cool:

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked a bunch already but I checked back a few days and haven't seen it so here goes. Does anybody know when the Camel Bone Version of the 92's are shipping to the dealers? I assumed they must be heading out soon. Any info appreciated.:cool:

A handful shipped Friday before last; more shipped today; hopefully they will ship remaining on Friday - but may be next Wednesday before they all get gone. They are 4 heads short at the factory after a shutdown last week.

hope to see some blade deletes soon! think these would serve nicely with a slimmer profile and single blade

I love the look of the Talon, but the nail nick looks like it is not placed in a spot that would allow the user to open the blade easily.
I agree it looks to far back but it actually works just fine, it ends up being similar to a long pull in function.

The Talon is a good option. I prefer the spear on it also.
L3brsnU.jpg
I prefer that slender spear, myself. If there was ANY complaint I could muster about the 92, it would be the slightly beavertail shape of the main blade. But I think I can improve it, if it really gets to bothering me...;)

The only complaint I have with the Case/Bose Eureka, and this goes for my Case/Bose cattle knife too, is that the nail nicks on the main & secondary blades are crowded very close together. They're almost on top of each other. Putting the nail nicks on opposing sides would've been better IMO. Otherwise, the f&f, snap & materials on the Case/Bose knives are top notch.
I am one arm left hand. The new #92 design works best for me. Bill Howard is worried about social justice lawsuits from me. Bill Howard is making knives just for me. Yall just going to have to put up with it. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I open my "gator snap" knives with my feet and a CASEXX blade pick. I love my new CASEX Trapper-lock kick-start knife. I put my thumb on the scale clip and I push the thumb stud with my index finger. I use to collect nothing but fixed knives. I put my mind to it . I can handle 99% folders now. In early 2018 I was cutting my hand 3 times a week. It look me some time , but I rarely cut myself now. "One blade open at a time" , I tell that to the neighborhood children. Open it , clean it , close it , grab a different blade. Complacency causes bleeding ! ---- I love the Zulu spear blade style.

Last edited:
I prefer that slender spear, myself. If there was ANY complaint I could muster about the 92, it would be the slightly beavertail shape of the main blade. But I think I can improve it, if it really gets to bothering me...;)

+1 to this. Why did they widen the blade on the jacks when the Talon had an almost perfect spear blade shape. I'm a buyer either way, but man that is a good looking spear blade on the Northfield Talon.

It is actually quite easy to reshape the somewhat bulbous tip on the 92 to a more "traditional/regular" shape. I did it on my elderberry bone 92 that I procured recently. I slowly ground off the upper "bulge" in back of the tip until I was satisfied, then used a carborundum and a diamond stone to reshape the edge near the tip. While not as slim as the Talon, it definitely has a better spearpoint now from my perspective.
Ron
wRhi173.jpg

Last edited:
Back