2020 GEC #19 Little Rattler Thread

I expect this knife to be too small for my everyday uses. That said, I am getting the entire run - one for my collection (probably the Stag) and the rest are going to be stocking stuffers for the family. A run of six works out great as there are six in my household (not counting the five canines...).

In a way... aren't we family, too Dylan? :D
I'll be hanging my stocking by the chimney with care...

The thing is those guys are short sighted. If you are a dealer then you can force your customers to pay more b/c the supply vs demand is out of whack and you might as well make an extra 30 dollars per knife, while the next guy could do the same, but " foolishly" isn't raping his customers. But, when supplies increase guess who isn't getting the sale? When someone wants to buy any non GEC guess who isn't getting the sale?
There's some donkey near Lancaster, PA charging double retail for GEC's that are actually in stocks other places, that guy only stays in business because of the stupidity or ignorance of his customers
Bottom line - I won't buy anything off those guys, even if they had a knife I really wanted. I'd rather pay a flipper.

GP knives just emailed me back when I inquired about this.
They said their price was the newer pricing structure from GEC and other retailers just did not comply.

Not sure what to believe here.
knifeswapper knifeswapper ???

GP knives just emailed me back when I inquired about this.
They said their price was the newer pricing structure from GEC and other retailers just did not comply.

Not sure what to believe here.
knifeswapper knifeswapper ???
Pretty sure someone here said MAP was $69 and change.

Last edited:
I doubt other dealers would forget to increase their cost. They'd be losing money. Sounds like GP got called out, and are making excuses for inflating the price.

There have been a few GEC dealers that have increased their prices within the last few months. I'll continue to try to purchase from dealers that aren't taking advantage of people due to the increased demand.

A production, American made, 1095 slip joint? Beautiful and useful though it might be, definitely has a limit to its value. I’m very sorry to see this happening to a product I enjoy. Boo on anyone taking advantage of folks. That’s just not right.

Complain all you want, I get all the frustration.
I saw this coming a while ago when the flippers were getting out of hand.
Now we have dealers joining in on the fleecing and it's not getting better any time soon.
My frustration has turned to contempt for the brand and I've moved on from buying anything from them.
It's just not the game I want to play any more.

Now we have dealers joining in on the fleecing and it's not getting better any time soon.
My frustration has turned to contempt for the brand and I've moved on from buying anything from them.
I totally understand your position there.
Right now I guess I am done with GEC if it means paying more than MAP.

There are plenty of other nice knives out there.

Playing devils advocate, at least they are putting a dent into the flippers gain, and possibly making their stock a little less appealing to flippers allowing their customers who truly want one a better shot at getting one.

GEC is in a rather unique situation right now, but how many others are frustrated to the point of abandoning the brand because of lack of obtainable product and aftermarket scalping? I personally will never pay the hugely inflated prices I have seen on desirable models on the secondary market, I'd rather switch my interest to some European traditional knives or even go custom at that point.

So... You would hold the brand in contempt due to the actions of dealers that they cannot control?

I get it - my enthusiasm gets dampened considerably when the discussion surrounding a new release is largely about the vagaries of the acquisition process rather than the merits of the knife itself.

That is hardly the fault of the brand though.

Back