2020 GEC #19 Little Rattler Thread

This #19 is very lightweight as others have mentioned. Here's some comparison pics with a Victorinox Rambler
20201112-194045.jpg

20201112-194455.jpg

20201112-194530.jpg

20201112-194602.jpg

I don't have time to post pics, but im pretty sure it's the same blade as the 62 PC main.

The government tried price fixing between 1933 to 1945. Smaller businesses could not sell products cheaper than the big chains and corporations. The government killed small businesses in the 1930s & 40s. Competition is American and it works. "LET THE FREE MARKETS WORK !". If you do not like the price , don't buy it. We are not entitled to anything. I agree with GEC having a minimum price for dealers to charge. The smaller GEC dealers took a hit this year. Let them do what that need to do to survive. A GEC cap on higher prices means more profit for the E-bay flippers and we might lose a dealer or two. When taxes , energy prices , or material prices go up , guess who pays for that increased price ? "You do !" Life aint fair ! There is a not one GEC dealer that I will not buy from. I try to buy extra stuff or a CASE XX/GEC knife from them to help them out. I have lost my cool a few times and I am truly sorry for that. We all need to pray for every GEC dealer. We need to pray for Bill Howard and his 32 employees. Every knife that we receive is a blessing. The GEC dealer that has a batch with the highest price , still has them. Guess what ? Anybody that wants one can buy it now. "It is available !" GEC knives are flying of the shelves in minutes. I expect prices to go up in 2021. Right now , I can afford to buy knives every month. This world is turned up side down and we can still afford to buy knives. "Thank You God and Jesus !" If I get my left hand on a white bone #19 Little Rattler knife . I am going to dye it blue and that cost will me a little more money. "LET THE FREE MARKETS WORK !"
Free fox in the free henhouse! :D:D:D

I've been carrying a GEC #14 single Clip blade for a week or so but today I've got my new #19 with me to see if it's worthy of kicking the #14 out of my pocket for awhile.

Been carrying it and fiddling with it for about an hour and a half and so far I'm still on the fence. I like it very much but I like that #14 very much too. I don't rotate very often so I'm trying to decide on one or the other.

I'll have a better perspective at the end of the workday but so far it's a difficult decision.

The scalpers are already here on site...sad. I think I am done with GEC until things get back to some form of normalcy, if ever that happens...

yup- it’s time to remind folks we can live without the next new GEC. As @Onearmbladenut emphasized with his one remaining hand, I’m about to let the free market work.

I hope folks who get their little rattlers are happy with them, and that they don’t have any regrets.

Been carrying it and fiddling with it for about an hour and a half and so far I'm still on the fence. I like it very much but I like that #14 very much too. I don't rotate very often so I'm trying to decide on one or the other.

I have a 14 and an 06 wharnecliffe- there’s no contest, imho. As much as I like small utilitarian knives, the 14 offers more blade for a slightly bigger package. The belly on the clip point really let’s you slice things on a surface better.

small straight edges are secondary blades on bigger knives because they’re useful, but I think it’s instructive about these knives.

I've been carrying a GEC #14 single Clip blade for a week or so but today I've got my new #19 with me to see if it's worthy of kicking the #14 out of my pocket for awhile.

I'll have a better perspective at the end of the workday but so far it's a difficult decision.
I feel exactly the same way. I’ve had mine for several days and I like it a lot, I just don’t think I love it. I have nothing against it, it’s a very well made knife. It’s just after the newness wears off, I don’t see it replacing my stag 06 for a small carry.

yup- it’s time to remind folks we can live without the next new GEC. As @Onearmbladenut emphasized with his one remaining hand, I’m about to let the free market work.

I hope folks who get their little rattlers are happy with them, and that they don’t have any regrets.
No Ragrets on mine! :D It arrived yesterday. Pretty much like everyone else's..... 4.5-5.0 pull after flush. Spring slightly proud at half stop, flush at both extremes. Nice little knife. It's already opened and broken down a couple of boxes here at work, on its first day.... rattle on!

lTdBEyf.jpg

I looked for quite a while for a two blade #14 with the clip. I had the barlow with the clip but wanted the Boys Knife too.

I have a 14 and an 06 wharnecliffe- there’s no contest, imho. As much as I like small utilitarian knives, the 14 offers more blade for a slightly bigger package. The belly on the clip point really let’s you slice things on a surface better.
Much preferred the clip bladed #14 over the spear points. Most were spear points.

The red coral micarta looked familiar to me...
20201113-120137.jpg

Fine picture Madam:cool: But those matte bolsters just make me want to get my strop out and give them a shiner :D The texture of the Micarta looks excellent and like the ball it has that scaly look..

Makes me desperate for one of those SNAKESKIN acrylics :cool: but I stand no chance over here in Europe, they've dropped and gone before I've even had time to stretch:eek:

After having the 19 in hand for a little bit, I think I also prefer the 14 frame. This micarta is quite nice though...

Back