2020 GEC #19 Little Rattler Thread

This comes as a surprise to me - Black Teal Natural Bone.

uMuCoMx.jpg

This comes as a surprise to me - Black Teal Natural Bone.

uMuCoMx.jpg

I wonder which of those words is going to drive this knife to $120? Black, Teal, Natural, or Bone?

sometimes I get the impression GEC tries to do a dye job and it comes out weird, but they like it- so they sell it.

sometimes I get the impression GEC tries to do a dye job and it comes out weird, but they like it- so they sell it.

I think this has been the case on more than one occasion. If I remember correctly, the rotten banana bone was a mistake and they just rolled with it.

I generally am pretty critical of GEC and their dyeing process. I like richer hues and deeper, more consistent saturation and in the past, GEC has demonstrated that they can guarantee neither. That said, the last few runs where they have been using dyed bone - I've been seeing good consistency of color. I hope that remains the case.

I wonder which of those words is going to drive this knife to $120? Black, Teal, Natural, or Bone?

Also, I understand that there is a lot of concern over the pricing structure that dealers are implementing with regards to GEC but I would be pretty disappointed if these go for $120 or more. If I could get a knife like an #86 in Stag for around that price point - there is absolutely no reason one would want to pay that much for a knife that isn't in Stag and is a fraction of the size.

Also, I understand that there is a lot of concern over the pricing structure that dealers are implementing with regards to GEC but I would be pretty disappointed if these go for $120 or more. If I could get a knife like an #86 in Stag for around that price point - there is absolutely no reason one would want to pay that much for a knife that isn't in Stag and is a fraction of the size.

well if you consider that current micarta variations have gone for as high as around 93 bucks, typically Northfield trim is +20 (as I figure), so we'd be close anyway.

Hmmmm Not sure how I feel about those colors. I've got one on reserve and I hope they're not $120. My wallet is still hurtin from the Northwoods drop.

I got one on reserve too. I just talked to my GEC dealer on the phone. I was going to buy the white bone and dye it blue. I might still do that and compare the two. This black teal bone is right up my alley. My Kingwood #19 and two blue GEC hats came in today. This #19 pattern was made for one arm me. I was so unsure about this knife being so small. I needed a light pull so I would not have to use my foot to open the knife. The #19 pattern works better for me than the GEC#06 Pemberton. I will buy more, for sure. This #19 pattern is selling like hot cakes. (edit) If the price is $95 shipped I will be real happy. I go fool for blue knives , but I will send the invoice back for any price over a $100 shipped. I am so thankful for this #19 Kingwood. Bill Howard hit a home run with this #19 pattern.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that's not a fan of the Black Teal Natural Bone? The small size of the 19 puts it in danger of feeling like a "toy" so the more classic covers like Kingwood and smooth white bone help it out with a little class. The Black Teal bone makes it seem more "toyish." I do like the photos I've seen of the snakeskin acrylic, though...

Am I the only one that's not a fan of the Black Teal Natural Bone? The small size of the 19 puts it in danger of feeling like a "toy" so the more classic covers like Kingwood and smooth white bone help it out with a little class. The Black Teal bone makes it seem more "toyish." I do like the photos I've seen of the snakeskin acrylic, though...
I'm on the fence. I'll wait until the finished pictures come out, but mine will probably be up for trade. Anyone interested?:)

(edit) Blue Teal Natural bone has me excited . I am a sucker for a blueish bone knife. The GEC#19 Little Rattler is the smoothest easier opening under 3" knife that I own. Bill Howard gets an A+ on this GEC#19 run.

Last edited:
Back