2020 GEC #19 Little Rattler Thread

@Will Power
It was the three that caught my eye Will. The scissors is a great addition.
Typical of Eloi-Pernet (still maker of scissors and the like) of Nogent (famous for stainless steels). 1869 was the last year of Napoleon III (le petit, according to Victor Hugo, then exiled in Guernesey :() 1870 was Sedan's defeat and his capture by the Prussians that later led to the 1871 Commune, then the IIIrd Republic. :)

Last edited:
And why is that center pin so large? It looks like they are using the same sized pins that they use on much larger knives.

It's hard to say what the actual diameter of the center pin is, because it's mushroomed to form the rivet. If I had to guess, there's probably tooling rationales and conveniences, but also the center pin is subject to the most forces of any of the 3 pins that hold a knife together.

Edit: to be clear, I mean while opening or closing the knife.

Last edited:
Typical of Eloi-Pernet (still maker of scissors and the like) of Nogent (famous for stainless steels). 1869 was the last year of Napoleon III (le petit, according to Victor Hugo, then exiled in Guernesey :() 1870 was Sedan's defeat and his capture by the Prussians that later led to the 1871 Commune, then the IIIrd Republic. :)
Thank you for the history. It adds so much to what otherwise is just a cool coin knife. The one I have from J.D. Ware has both historical and personal meaning.

Does anyone know if these are pinchable ?
I’m guessing because of the small pattern and back spring it’s going to have a pretty strong pull.

Any of the 19s dropping today?
Not sure, but you'll find one if you look under enough logs.
8Z0SnZ1.jpg

Back