2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

I went pretty deep on the 62s myself.

It was a long run and, frankly, by the end I wasn't as excited when popping the tubes as I like to be. But, with GEC, if you like what they are putting out, it's smart to buy it while it's available. The Pocket Carvers are certainly some of the best traveling whittling knives ever made, so having some backups for when they wear out is a sound plan.

How many F&F PCs will remain mint? Tidioutes? Something to think about...:)

...and, in full CMA mode, notice I didn't say I was through buying them. It's simply that with the natural linen, I will have one sample of each flavor made in 2020.:D

How's that for "dancin a little sidestep" ?

in a word? Artful.

ZGmCnZ4.jpg

My natty linen showed up just a few hours ago. Will be interesting to see how the honey colored covers change. Really pretty knife.

W4zJaKc.jpg
YES, they are! Mine arrived today.... great pic, by the way!
My family of 2020 62's is now complete, unless I decide to add duplicates... :eek:
as soon as my black/red micarta gets back from the spa, I'll try to get a family photo going.

jpzT1x.jpg

YES, they are! Mine arrived today.... great pic, by the way!
My family of 2020 62's is now complete, unless I decide to add duplicates... :eek:
as soon as my black/red micarta gets back from the spa, I'll try to get a family photo going.

jpzT1x.jpg
Always look forward to the collection photos. Please do one for us!

how?! That’s gorgeous. How do you do such a thing?

I think of a whittling knife as a one trick pony but it might be a excellent work knife. I could see using it on a daily at work ;)

I’ve said this before, with some argument from others, but I strongly feel that the main blade on this knife is more than acceptable as a general purpose blade. The secondaries could be useful in some limited every day applications, but they seem designed for carving. I see this as a pocket knife that carves, versus a carving knife that pockets. I know there’s some thought that the name of the knife ought to mean something, but then we’d have to contend with models like the “possum skinner” or further back, “coon Skinner”; a name is just a name. Moot point if you carry 2+ GEC’s everywhere with you, but I’ve felt perfectly at home with the #62 pocket carver as my solo carry for 95% of what I need a knife for. It’s a great knife with carving blades.

I’ve said this before, with some argument from others, but I strongly feel that the main blade on this knife is more than acceptable as a general purpose blade.

I can't speak of the 62 since the two Farm & Field 62 i've ordered are still stuck in the USPS net, waiting for a plane, but i could check this point at using a F&F 35 whose main blade is the same shape and is about the same length..

Dan.

Back