2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

GEC-ILLUSTRATED.jpg

It’s interesting how some of the wood knives are light and some dark. Now I feel like I need one of each.

I wonder if there are a few Case-style mismatched covers, one light and one dark.

I don’t think we will see 62 Carvers for a month or so.

It’s interesting how some of the wood knives are light and some dark. Now I feel like I need one of each.

I wonder if there are a few Case-style mismatched covers, one light and one dark.

I don’t think we will see 62 Carvers for a month or so.
There is a lot of variation with desert ironwood. Some of it has a lot of pattern/grain and some of it is more uniform, almost like a dark brown ebony.

You think so? I’m betting it’ll be at least a month. These things always take forever.
I would bet all the EPC SFOs are done and they are doing 1 picture a day. They are well into the naners. So stag then carvers.

I would bet all the EPC SFOs are done and they are doing 1 picture a day. They are well into the naners. So stag then carvers.
Well reasoned. I can’t let myself think they will be here soon. I’ll watch the pot and it won’t boil.

I’m curious.. you guys think all the banana shields will be covered by pre-orders? I missed that boat but I’m starting to think I might be interested.

What's the difference between the #13 and #62? My 13 has half-stops - does the 62 not have half-stops?

Edit: Never mind on the half-stop. It looks like the #62 has half-stops also.

Thanks

Last edited:
According to a dealers site, I can't name, yes they have half stops.

My unicorn just showed up... I gotta say for the first time with GEC I’m a little disappointed.

There are the black marks on the scales that a lot of other folks have. The pattern is nice though, I may give it another chance with a DLT SFO but I’m probably just going to put the unicorn on the exchange.

My unicorn just showed up... I gotta say for the first time with GEC I’m a little disappointed.

There are the black marks on the scales that a lot of other folks have. The pattern is nice though, I may give it another chance with a DLT SFO but I’m probably just going to put the unicorn on the exchange.
That's a bummer about your Unicorn, sorry to hear that! I really love mine, but mine doesn't have unpleasant black marks on it either.

Perhaps your dealer has a good one you can exchange? I don't think that would be out of line at all.

I had to nab one of those sweet maroon numbers from DLT, I like the oak leaf and Northfields rarely seem to get the micarta treatment. :thumbsup:

Ha! I'm hoping it's at least one payday between now and then.

I keep going back and forth about the carver, so I'm not sweating extra time.
Smooth white bone? You'll regret it if you pass! :D I'm very curious to see what the shield ends up being.

I hear ya tho, way too many great knives have been on my radar lately.

The pen blade is usually less interesting to me, its my "dirty blade". However its really attractive on this pattern, and with only two places entirely useful and practical.

Back