2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

It's funny how things work out... my idea of the perfect knife has to do with the blade combinations, and the feel of it in hand. I'm not big on clip blades, I prefer a spear point. I also want a straight edge blade, whether wharnie, sheepfoot, or coping...

when the #92's came out, it appeared I had found the perfect knife for me. I ended up with 5 of them.... love 'em.

Then this #62 came out, and it has me thinking that it might be even MORE perfect for my use... I have 2 of those, and two of the whittlers reserved (so far :rolleyes:)

So.... #92, then #62....
If GEC comes out with a #32, I'll just have to get a second job... :oops: or, give up one of my other expensive hobbies.... like eating.

More Snakewoods available
My snakewood just arrived. I really like the looks of the #62. I have arm one and this knife just don't work for me. I was going to buy six more #62s. I will pass and save my money for the #23 trappers. There is no since in being a hog and snagging another #62 snakewood. I want someone else to receive the GEC knife of there dreams !

I am a bit curious - I didn't see where there was a separate SFO for the Banana Camel Bone with a square bar shield. I thought by some stroke of good fortune, they decided against the banana shield but then I scrolled further down and found that yes, they are still using it...

Two different versions? Or is there a secret SFO that I am unaware of?

UccHNqc.jpg

351alKs.jpg

In other news, the Pocket Carver in White Bone is looking nice.

blopISA.jpg

I've had my 62 in Red for a little while now but I just haven't had a chance to post about it. I am still developing an impression towards the pattern but overall, it is a very fine knife, very easy to carry and the workmanship is superb.

I am looking forward to getting further acquainted and cannot wait for the Stag version.

SSfneiA.jpg

1nQ9HJl.jpg

Today at 5PM Central ,the #62 Easy Pocket Congress in Blue Camel bone and Ironwood will be posted for sale on the DLT Trading web-sight.
I am a bit curious - I didn't see where there was a separate SFO for the Banana Camel Bone with a square bar shield. I thought by some stroke of good fortune, they decided against the banana shield but then I scrolled further down and found that yes, they are still using it...

Two different versions? Or is there a secret SFO that I am unaware of?

UccHNqc.jpg

351alKs.jpg

In other news, the Pocket Carver in White Bone is looking nice.

blopISA.jpg
Look at that camel color real closely . That aint rotten banana bone. Another "Emperor Wears No Clothes" GEC knife color , that is smooth antique goldenrod camel bone. I think Bill Howard tried using camel bone for nana knives and was not too happy with the results. So he started offering some with bar shields , to cover up his blunder. No such thing as perfect knife. Bill Howard tried his best , nobody is perfect. Yellow bovine cattle bone with a little brown color would of turned out so much better. Both knives with sell out super quickly. Bill Howard could put a banana shield on a turd and it will sell out in 24 hours !

Last edited:
Today at 5PM ,the #62 Easy Pocket Congress in Blue Camel bone and Ironwood will be posted for sale on the DLT Trading web-sight.

Look at that camel color real closely . That aint rotten banana bone. Another "Emperor Wears No Clothes" GEC knife color , that is smooth antique goldenrod camel bone. I think Bill Howard tried using camel bone for nana knives and was not too happy with the results. So he started offering some with bar shields , to cover up his blunder. No such thing as perfect knife. Bill Howard tried his best , nobody is perfect. Yellow bovine cattle bone with a little brown color would of turned out so much better. Both knives with sell out super quickly. Bill Howard could put a banana shield on a turd and it will sell out in 24 hours !
You know this how?

You know this how?
DLT Trading web-sight ! I got my Snakewood #62 today. I have decided not to buy anymore. I love this knife , but too easy to cut myself. I quit buying Boker Congress knives too. I need a big trapper knife. I am saving my money for the #23 Jumbo Trappers. These congress style knives are slower sellers. I bet it will take hours for all of the blue camel & desert ironwood #62 knives to sell out. Be ready at 5pm and you should have no problem.

Today at 5PM Central ,the #62 Easy Pocket Congress in Blue Camel bone and Ironwood will be posted for sale on the DLT Trading web-sight.

Obviously two totally different colors with two totally different shields.
One is banana and yellow, the other looks like antique bone.
I'm excited about the camel bone, and we'll see how the banana turns out, but so far I'm still quite hopeful.
It wasn't supposed to be "rotten banana", its supposed to be "ripe banana".

Back