2020 is coming...

Cold Steel Knives

Hey folks,

Today we did an early release of two 2020 products. The FGX Wasp and the Kudu Lite. They are available on our website for sale as of right now. We got them in early so we decided to release them early.

The remainder of the 2020 products will be shown Jan 1st, 2020. This does not necessarily mean that they will be in stock and ready for sale on this date, but we will begin showing photos, web listings, etc on that date.

Stay tuned and as always, thank you for your support!

Hey folks,

Today we did an early release of two 2020 products. The FGX Wasp and the Kudu Lite. They are available on our website for sale as of right now. We got them in early so we decided to release them early.

The remainder of the 2020 products will be shown Jan 1st, 2020. This does not necessarily mean that they will be in stock and ready for sale on this date, but we will begin showing photos, web listings, etc on that date.

Stay tuned and as always, thank you for your support!

Several months ago you mentioned an AD15 variant...did I miss it or is that coming in 2020?

That's the way to bring in a new year. So no teaser fliers this month? When does the new catalog come out?

When will the A-2 Trail Master, Recon Scout, Laredo and Natchez be available?

Short answer is "when they are". Historically, there are a number of QC steps in the process before full production gets the "go ahead", starting with the approval of the "production prototypes", and you are asking about 4 different models. After approval, you still have production and delivery schedules, plus more QC. That's why being able to purchase new Cold Steel products always rolls out in staggered availability. If given a firm date, you may be disappointed if there is any glitch in the QC, approval, production, and delivery process. "Patience, Grasshopper", they will be here when they get here.

"We have tried to make our FGX Wasp dagger look and feel as close as humanly possible to our Drop Forged Wasp."

Is this another upcoming model? I'm excited to see the kris blade voyager and ti-lite and anything else.

That's awesome! Looking forward to the midsized/smaller folder spotted in one of your hunting vids. Also the kris bladed Voyager and Ti Lite.

Looking forward to those new voyagers
Voyager*

That's the way to bring in a new year. So no teaser fliers this month? When does the new catalog come out?
Maybe, depends when we get stuff in.

When will the A-2 Trail Master, Recon Scout, Laredo and Natchez be available?
Still don't have a solid ETA.

Short answer is "when they are". Historically, there are a number of QC steps in the process before full production gets the "go ahead", starting with the approval of the "production prototypes", and you are asking about 4 different models. After approval, you still have production and delivery schedules, plus more QC. That's why being able to purchase new Cold Steel products always rolls out in staggered availability. If given a firm date, you may be disappointed if there is any glitch in the QC, approval, production, and delivery process. "Patience, Grasshopper", they will be here when they get here.
This.

"We have tried to make our FGX Wasp dagger look and feel as close as humanly possible to our Drop Forged Wasp."

Is this another upcoming model? I'm excited to see the kris blade voyager and ti-lite and anything else.
Correct, it is not serrated like the FGX version, though.

That's awesome! Looking forward to the midsized/smaller folder spotted in one of your hunting vids. Also the kris bladed Voyager and Ti Lite.
Quite a few of those!

I don't get how a Kudu could be any lighter, but I'll have a look-see.
---
Hmm, not bad! Will make a good tacklebox knife. Drill a hole for a thong and hang it in the barn for opening hay bales. Put one in the picnic basket along with a corkscrew. Throw one in the glovebox for emergencies. The original Eland sharpens quickly, washes easily, won't rust or rot, and handles well with gloves on, so this will, too. Cool!

Zieg

Last edited:

Ha well you answered my veiled question then. I thought I saw an xl clip point with the DLC/OD green handle treatment in a picture, guess I was seeing things..

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if CS doesn't bring out at least one new XL folder for 2020. I hope we'll see a kris style blade.

I'm relatively new to CS as I'm now carrying a Recon 1 and Code 4 most days but I'm pretty excited about 2020. I have yet to find a knife that feels as solid, performs as well, and offers as much value as what i'm getting from CS.

Here's to 2020!

I'm relatively new to CS as I'm now carrying a Recon 1 and Code 4 most days but I'm pretty excited about 2020. I have yet to find a knife that feels as solid, performs as well, and offers as much value as what i'm getting from CS.

Here's to 2020!
“One of us! One of us! One of us!”

Gonna be hard to improve on these...

but I'm willing to give a Kris Voyager a shot at the title-- if it's XL, that is ;)

7xZ420W.jpg

mhyI82W.jpg

Back