2020 June New Products

2004 Banter

Photo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jzsvge2qcpk3b3z/AACDPUsULND2iwNtLiHBg9KKa?dl=0

Specs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wd43r3y2dyi5yxh/Specifications-WE-2004_Banter.xlsx?dl=0

oGjI9vN.jpg

... then you going to throw jade g10 in s35v elementum..........you guys are killing me!

I just happened to check the New Arrivals at BladeHQ and I'm glad I did. I think these sold out within a day! There were a few things I didn't love about the regular Elementum. If they had deleted the lanyard hole, this would have been a white whale: "perfect". Even so, this is an incredible upgrade.

- Stonewashed blade
- Thinner blade stock
- Stainless steel and a jump all the way up to S35VN
- Stainless hardware

That last one is huge. I felt that the black hardware created a strange contrast with the exposed liners for several of the scale colors. That kept my choice between black G-10 or ebony. With that fixed, I can either pursue a scale swap or dye the jade. :cool:

WE Knife Media WE Knife Media -civivi elementum marbled cf bladehq exclusive, then you going to throw jade g10 in s35v elementum..........you guys are killing me!
LOL. I couldn't pass up the cf elementum. I ended up choosing the black stonewashed blade mainly because of the black hardware. I'm really glad I ordered 1 because it didn't take long to sell out and a lot of times the blade hq exclusives never come back in stock.

Which model did you get?

LOL. I couldn't pass up the cf elementum. I ended up choosing the black stonewashed blade mainly because of the black hardware. I'm really glad I ordered 1 because it didn't take long to sell out and a lot of times the blade hq exclusives never come back in stock.

Which model did you get?

Ended up with this one

CiHN9h9.jpg

I like the look of the all black better, but went with the function without the black coating and hardware. I'm my experience most coatings come off easy. Dlc not so much.

Ended up with this one

CiHN9h9.jpg

I like the look of the all black better, but went with the function without the black coating and hardware. I'm my experience most coatings come off easy. Dlc not so much.

I received my all black cf and I'm happy with it. I really like the looks and the blade is a black stonewashed finish which seems like it should hold up pretty well, especially since I'm not a heavy user.

The only negative about the knife to me is that the cf is a little slick, which was to be expected, but I was just hoping for a little more textured carbon fiber. It definitely looks and feels better than carbon fiber over G-10, though.

Overall I'm happy with the knife and it seems to have a better action than the black ebony wood model that I handled awhile ago.

I received my all black cf and I'm happy with it...

Nice! I'm still waiting for my Jade S35VN Elementum. I'm guessing it will show up on Monday.

I'm really excited about the blade finishes here. Stonewash and blackwash have become my favorite finishes, depending on the knife. Could you post a real-life pic of your black blade?

Nice! I'm still waiting for my Jade S35VN Elementum. I'm guessing it will show up on Monday.

I'm really excited about the blade finishes here. Stonewash and blackwash have become my favorite finishes, depending on the knife. Could you post a real-life pic of your black blade?

20200705_200659.jpg

It looks and feels like a really good quality black stonewashed finish that will hold up, especially since I'm not a heavy user.

Last edited:
It looks like a really good quality black stonewashed finish that will hold up, especially since I'm not a heavy user.

The "photobucket" band is covering a lot of the blade but from what I can see, that looks pretty good. I don't know if I'm ready to buy a third Elementum just yet but now I'm interested. :p

Now that we are into the humidity of summer, I have to watch out with D2. The S35VN Elementum was an easy answer to that problem for me. I know DLC and other coatings can help to protect D2. This is probably a question for WE Knife Media WE Knife Media - Is the blackwash here a distressed DLC? Does this offer much in the way of protection against corrosion?

The "photobucket" band is covering a lot of the blade but from what I can see, that looks pretty good. I don't know if I'm ready to buy a third Elementum just yet but now I'm interested. :p

Now that we are into the humidity of summer, I have to watch out with D2. The S35VN Elementum was an easy answer to that problem for me. I know DLC and other coatings can help to protect D2. This is probably a question for WE Knife Media WE Knife Media - Is the blackwash here a distressed DLC? Does this offer much in the way of protection against corrosion?

I would have also preferred S35VN but the carbon fiber with the blacked out hardware is what sold me. I'm guessing the carbon fiber with S35VN would put the knife around $100 but I'm sure they would still sell pretty easily.

I really hope Civivi starts offering more knives in S35VN because I think they could reach another level of the market. I know there's plenty of people that are turned off by D2 and 9CR and there's a huge price gap between Civivi and most We knives. I think offering Civivi in S35VN for a little bit more could be a good balance that sells a lot more knives and makes many more people happy.

Last edited:
Back