2020 June New Products

I would have also preferred S35VN but the carbon fiber with the blacked out hardware is what sold me. I'm guessing the carbon fiber with S35VN would put the knife around $100 but I'm sure they would still sell pretty easily.

I really hope Civivi starts offering more knives in S35VN because I think they could hit another level of the market. I know there's plenty of people that are turned off by D2 and 9CR and there's a huge price gap between Civivi and most We knives. I think offering Civivi in S35VN for a little but more could be a good balance that sells a lot more knifes and makes many more people happy.

It might seem high for Civivi but they've had more than ten of the "Damascus" models up around $100. There are a bunch of knives around $70-80. I think you're right about a market being there. I'm about all set on D2, having too many knives in it and not loving it in the first place. I think "budget S35VN" around $100 could be an exciting place to see new models.

Previously at the bottom tier for Civivi, I've been very happy with their 9Cr18Mov. Based on all the 9Cr18Mov I'd had prior, it was like the difference between 420HC and Buck's 420HC. It's a big step up from 8Cr13Mov in both edge retention and corrosion resistance. It's early enough on the curve of diminishing returns to make a big splash under fifty bucks. It's come to occupy a good chunk of my EDC rotation.

When Civivi first came out, they had a tier of VG-10 knives at $68. I'd love to see more new models in that tier. Heck, I'd have been all over a $68 Elementum in VG-10. No need now though. :D

Got mine......and it's great! My 2nd Civivi, won't be my last. @Detroit1980 nailed a good description of what I would say word for word.

7HlzUWp.jpg

Back