2020 model predictions?

What does "licensed by Spyderco" mean?

Personally im not a huge fan of those knife designs. I really cant imagine Spyderco producing those without some changes, especially the clips.

Hi Maugust,

Spyderco licenses some custom makers to use our trademarked Round Hole. It also gives us an opportunity to see their designs.

When we do a collaboration design with a custom maker, we usually work together to get the best design.

sal

Hi Maugust,

Spyderco licenses some custom makers to use our trademarked Round Hole. It also gives us an opportunity to see their designs.

When we do a collaboration design with a custom maker, we usually work together to get the best design.

sal

Thanks for your reply Sal,
I was not aware of that. I hope in the future you will create a knife with Poltergeist :)

Robert

I don't have any predictions but my wish is for a Para 3 LW in a steel that gives me an excuse to pick one up. Perhaps an LC200N Salt version while I'm wishing.

More carbon and tool steels. Stainless is so 2019.

S30v is 2012...

I agree about the latter 5000x over.

Ok how about:

Automatic PM2
CTS-XHP becoming the new "standard" steel instead of CPM-S30V
An OTF prototype?
More micarta, especially non-sprint options

I would like to see a lightweight Lil’ Native with the compression lock. I think there was a post where Sal said Eric was working on one.

Lc200n Pacific salt, slysz sway back.

(Totally dreaming...)
lock back kapara in lc200n,
lefty pm2 maxamet sprint,
military maxamet sprint,
police 4 vanax sc sprint...

fqvwrNX.png

would like to see this one released... or a shaman tanto, either would be fun

You don't like BD1N?

I don't have a problem with it, it just doesn't compel me to rush out and buy the Para 3 LW. Honestly I've always been a Manix guy over the Paramilitary series anyway. I've owned a PM2 but always preferred the Manix. When the Para 3 came out with much fanfare, I personally liking larger knives anyway wasn't much interested in a smaller version. However when the lightweight Para 3 came out it piqued my interest. A few years ago that would have been enough reason for me to pick it up, but these days I try to limit my purchases and a knife needs to fit a certain place in my collection (admittedly in my own twisted logic ;)) to push me over the edge.

Damasteel. Also, sprint run Lum fixed Tanto in polished black micarta and CPM154 to match the Darn Dao.

Back