2021 GEC #71 Bull Nose

JOELSM

Gold Member
Alright, let’s get this started. Looks like the 71s are starting to drop. Let’s get some pics of the 71’s from prior runs to get those juices flowing. Such a pleasant practical pattern in hand and in use. The only 71 I have is in Nifbrite acrylic. It’s pretty cool material. Hoping to get a green linen micarta from this current run. Fingers crossed.

mi9JtgE.jpg

Only got one. I’d like another that I might actually use but I’ll try and be patient and just watch the exchange. Public thanks to my long suffering beautiful wife for taking this photo as I’m away from the knife box at the moment.

Good luck to those looking to get their first!
AAD9A361-3836-4AD8-8DF9-6DAA13505DFF.jpeg

Ever since I ever even heard of GEC and started looking at their knives ... I wanted a Bull Nose
I waited waited ... waited and waited for one to be available
Thought my collection would be complete if I could just get hold of a Bull Nose
And my collection was finally completed ... for about 2 days :D

ywnt0fz.jpg

Last edited:
See where that pivot pin shield says F&F USA? ... when the Bull Nose was first released (2010 or prior), it said something Dixie ... Dixie something ... some Southern sounding something or other I can't remember. Anyone remember what it said there on the pivot pin shield before they changed it? Don't even know if it's in their production catalog, just thinking I remember something in the back of my mind about that pivot shield and an earlier release.

See where that pivot pin shield says F&F USA? ... when the Bull Nose was first released (2010 or prior), it said something Dixie ... Dixie something ... some Southern sounding something or other I can't remember. Anyone remember what it said there on the pivot pin shield before they changed it? Don't even know if it's in their production catalog, just thinking I remember something in the back of my mind about that pivot shield and an earlier release.

The earliest year I see for this pattern is 2012 on the GEC website. The pivot pin looks consistent throughout the years of manufacturer.

The earliest year I see for this pattern is 2012 on the GEC website. The pivot pin looks consistent throughout the years of manufacturer.
Thanks ... I just looked at GEC's blog site and see the first release was 2012. I must have been thinking about another cutlery or something.
Should have checked before I posted D'OH

I think they were called Red Neck something or other. I can't get to mine to check at the moment. IIRC there was some problem with the name and had to be changed.:thumbsup:

My 2012 is one of the “Red Necks”, is that what you were thinking?

I think they were called Red Neck something or other. I can't get to mine to check at the moment. IIRC there was some problem with the name and had to be changed.:thumbsup:
THANK YOU BOTH !!! ... THAT was what I was trying to remember and yes, the brouha about the name. I don't see the Red Neck one in their releases on their blog. Maybe they just erased all vestige of it.

Okay ... here is what GEC had to say back in 2012 about it. See the last paragraph in particular.
They couldn't continue with Redneck Farm Tool because of a possible trade mark conflict.
SOooo ... Farm & Field Tool it is. And the rest as they say is history ...
EDIT: ... and because of a possible trade mark conflict, I can see why the Redneck release of the 71 Bull Nose in 2012 (or earlier?) has been wiped from their blog I guess.

jCfAhif.png

Last edited:
JJNSzEt.jpg

nrIptMi.jpg

The latest run doesn't have any scale choices I'm after, but if you don't have an example of this pattern then try to get one, they're very nice in the hand. I'm in the process of getting the Muslin Micarta one re-handled in wood (Olive or Yew) should be good!

Back