2021 GEC #71 Bull Nose

Thanks for the replies. I actually don’t mind the strong pull actually I just don’t like how it tears my nail up and I have to grab a nail file every time.
I had a similar experience with my #23s. I thought it would never get better and my nails would be getting ripped off or broken any time I used it. I think you just get used to it after a couple weeks, and it becomes 2nd nature. Now I love my 23s and they don't break my nails. Give it some time and keep working the blade.

nufedAS.jpg

I had the good fortune to obtain a green micarta 71'; beautiful, truly remarkable craftmanship. It also gave me a new appreciation for delrin as well. On my second day of use it was pulled out of my pocket with my keys. I had a small leather lanyard with a loop. The micarta as resilient is it is was no match for the concrete. With some 400 & 1K grit sand paper I was able to get most of the damage out. I also used a small dab of gorilla glue as filler. If you have a lanyard, you may want to be cautious what pocket you use.

Best regards,

Just received the 71. Not only is it my first Bullnose but also the first in micarta for me. The craftsmanship is superb, the knife has absolutely no flaws whatsoever. The pull is quite strong alright but that was expected.
America truly knows how to do "small company producing a top quality product in a niche market". :thumbsup:
194757160_148285684010450_4037035544208339771_n (3).jpg

Some may already know this, but at least the first two runs had plain pivots, flush with the delrin covers and the tubes had green labels. Red Neck, Farm and Field came later. Going from memory, GEC didn’t even want to make these, they were considered a step down from their usual offerings, and did so reluctantly. The first batch was like 50 total. I managed to get in on the second batch, I don’t know how many was in it unfortunately, after the first were gone almost immediately.

This is one of my second-batch copies:

I think this is my first GEC purchase all year.
Thanks to fellow member Wharn Wharn , who was generous enough to pass his GOOD retail price on to me. I really wanted one of these #71's in Red and I'm very happy to finally have one. It was nice to see these knives carrying the same quality as previous releases. It's a solid work knife at a reasonable price... which makes the #71's very special.
Thanks also to waverave waverave who offered me the same deal for a Green Micarta, but in the end I really wanted a Red one. 🤠:thumbsup:

It got put to use right away. :)

I got a green micarta version. The fit and finish is great. I like the pattern.

The pull is really tough. Too tough for a nail nick open and trying to grip that small of a blade with that tough a pull is difficult - almost feels dangerous. This may have more to do with my fingers than the knife itself, but it is definitely the strongest pull on any of the GECs I’ve handled.

Thanks to fellow member Wharn Wharn , who was generous enough to pass his GOOD retail price on to me. I really wanted one of these #71's in Red and I'm very happy to finally have one. It was nice to see these knives carrying the same quality as previous releases. It's a solid work knife at a reasonable price... which makes the #71's very special.
Thanks also to waverave waverave who offered me the same deal for a Green Micarta, but in the end I really wanted a Red one. 🤠:thumbsup:

I’ve been having a hard time keeping my new red 71 out of my pocket. They are great knives. Really love the strong pull also. Congrats on the new addition!

JohnDF JohnDF

Glad you picked one up, John!🤠👍
I was on standby with CK's and shocked I got the notice, and got the green one. First ever with this pattern, lovin' it, great F&F, nice pull.
Also first knife in a long while.

Last edited:
Here is a question? Do the micarta handles come pre-fabbed by another group? Obviously the edges are finished in the assembly process though.

Best regards,

Back