2021 Prices Are Out

Yeah can't see it being "elite" enough to be worth 4 times the Scout.

Last edited:
Ill stick w my scout for 100 and w the weight of these 4max knives it limits how much you can carry it; its not worth putting 400+ into one .

positive spin on this...
If you can never afford it , who cares how great it is , or how they spin it ?

At substantially lower prices , many of these new knives would interest me .

But , a big selling point for Cold Steel has always been their high value .

Comparable model Cold Steel often 2 or 3X cheaper than most competitors .

Of course , some buyers are not at all price sensitive , but they already have their own upscale brands with bigger bragging rights than CS .

If you can never afford it , who cares how great it is , or how they spin it ?

At substantially lower prices , many of these new knives would interest me .

But , a big selling point for Cold Steel has always been their high value .

Comparable model Cold Steel often 2 or 3X cheaper than most competitors .

Of course , some buyers are not at all price sensitive , but they already have their own upscale brands with bigger bragging rights than CS .

Yep, the great value is going away. Not a good look for the "new" cold steel.

Looks like the only thing im gonna buy is the mini recon 1. It’s the only 2021 stuff that’s reasonably priced if the MAP is set at 15% off MSRP.

The mini recon 1 seems pretty reasonable probably gonna be 55 or so the 3v recon might be 375 the trailmaster 400 i didnt expect them to be that much gonna have to see about them...,
Yeah I just noticed the handles are frn instead of g10,was so looking forward to the mini recon, this new outfit sure is a Debbie Downer

The "new" Cold Steel probably won't be revealed until next year. This stuff was already in the pipeline. That's why I think it's possible that some or all of the 3V and higher priced stuff will be discontinued after only one year.

Oh I know. There's no way GSM could have had this stuff ready a month after acquisition. But I bet you they set the prices. I'm sorry but $425 for a 4 max that has, arguably, worse steel than it's predecessor? Lol!

3V models are awesome, but you can get better things at these prices, and also in better sheaths.

There is nothing wrong with having the high end steel for those that want, and can afford it. But one of the draws of C.S. for me was the ruggedness and affordability when a lot of it was AUS8. Many weren't hot on Aus8s edge holding compared to the higher end stuff, then C.S. brought out AUS10. THAT is their sweet spot for a working man. It was all easier for us to indulge with the mid range steels. L.T. was a master at creating a great design and putting a steel in it to make it affordable. I'm also a non U.S. based buyer Smiling, so I understand also. Full blown MSRP, or a bit more, is a standard price for some of us. So a Talwar etc. in AUS10 would be welcome in many pockets.

"handles are frn instead of g10" I didnt see that either; not sure if its going to be worth 67.99 .
What!? Dammit they f**king ruined a good design. I totally missed the FRN handle part.
Steel downgrade to AUS10 is fine, but switching to plastic handle sucks ball.

The mini recon 1 in plastic handle is really pissing me off. It was the only thing i was planning to buy this year and I thought the price was surprisingly good. Should’ve known that something is off.
I guess I’ll save those money for a new Demko this year.

The mini recon 1 in plastic handle is really pissing me off. It was the only thing i was planning to buy this year and I thought the price was surprisingly good. Should’ve known that something is off.
I guess I’ll save those money for a new Demko this year.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know about the plastic.

The "new" Cold Steel probably won't be revealed until next year. This stuff was already in the pipeline. That's why I think it's possible that some or all of the 3V and higher priced stuff will be discontinued after only one year.

Yup. This was more or less inferred a few times by the old moderator, prior to the Covid hit.

is the full size aus10 recon 1coming in plastic too?

edit part...went a looked at website guess no full size recon 1s in aus10. nevermind.

I agree, if you want one of the new 3V ones this year I imagine is the time to buy it.....

Now what do you do? wait till they discontinue and hope the prices fall? then risk not getting one? its a tightrope this knife game! ;)

The 4max elite is on Bladehq coming soon for 424.99 thats way high only 75 off retail.Mini recon 1s are 67.99 higher than expected,too.That kind of pricing would put the trailmaster at the 450 range recon scout around 400-425 forget the kukri it would be 500-600 dont quote me on these prices its just a guess only that 4max elites price and recon 1 is what i saw thats real..i hope im wrong about the others; ugh.....

That's what I suspected when I saw these new prices. Hipsters might spend six bills for a Falkniven they will never use, but Cold Steel? The AK47 is 140 retail right now, and jumping to $240 on the new website.

My take? Classic big finance buyout where they orrow against the old and in the old name to immediately pay their investment off, leaving the crippled carcass of a company to try and survive now saddled in debt.

Cold Steel didn't decide to add a hundred bucks to the price of their existing AK47

Back