2021 Prices Are Out

BladeHQ's email this morning included a link to 2021 CS knives, and my jaw dropped at the $425 street price for the new S35VN 4-MAX. That's the price of a new XM-18, Sebenza, or even a machine-ground Demko AD-20 (assuming you can find one...). :eek:

No doubt it's a gorgeous knife, but at that price I'll stick with my 4-MAX Scout.

w3g4olV.jpg

$425 for a 4" S35 production knife is completely delusional. Hell, $200 is ridiculous to me. As I said elsewhere, when Bark River is a budget alternative something is very wrong.

BladeHQ's email this morning included a link to 2021 CS knives, and my jaw dropped at the $425 street price for the new S35VN 4-MAX. That's the price of a new XM-18, Sebenza, or even a machine-ground Demko AD-20 (assuming you can find one...). :eek:

No doubt it's a gorgeous knife, but at that price I'll stick with my 4-MAX Scout.

w3g4olV.jpg

I agree... The 4 max scout is an amazing knife and truly an amazing value! I wonder when they'll raise the price on it, but for now getting it at $80is probably one of the best buys you can make in the knife world right now!

I agree... The 4 max scout is an amazing knife and truly an amazing value! I wonder when they'll raise the price on it, but for now getting it at $80is probably one of the best buys you can make in the knife world right now!
it seems to be around $110 most places now...not counting a sale of some sort. still not a bad deal, but the 80 is way better.

it seems to be around $110 most places now...not counting a sale of some sort. still not a bad deal, but the 80 is way better.

There's a legit but non-BF-supporting retailer who has them for $83 as their standard price. A quick search should turn them up. :)

There's a legit but non-BF-supporting retailer who has them for $83 as their standard price. A quick search should turn them up. :)
yeah I know, just saying map type pricing in most places and what it is currently that I've been seeing. there is some sub map prices out there, very true.

Even at $110 I think the knife is an outstanding value. $80 is just icing on the cake. Was a no brainer to pick up a second. Maybe even a 3rd...haha!

w3g4olV.jpg
I was just about to start a thread about this saying the exact same thing. I had planned on getting one of these, assuming it would be around the same price as the old 4max or a bit lower with the S35vn. I almost laughed when I saw 425. I love the looks of this new version, but man, that is high end money. These are gonna sit. I can’t see many dropping that kind of cash on them. I will indeed be looking for a demo ad20 instead.

I am up for a AD20 at $425, but not a 4max in s35vn. with everything else out there simply not worth it. Italian 4max was well under 300... even at 300 I would say its not bad value.

The scout at $80 is fantastic value...

the price difference on the san mai and 3v tantos isn't much so people can't use the excuse that 3v is "loads" more expensive as if you examine the pricing it clearly isn't.... I think the prices will fall.... let's see ;)

Hory sheet~!! These are Busse/CRK/RHK/Winkler/Custom prices!!! There is no way the higher end blades are going to sell more than a few at those prices!! I personally sure as hell am not going to plunk down $500+ for a 3v trail master!

RIP Cold Steel 1980 - 2020...

one dealer has the ad15 lite listed at 99 bucks...not in stock yet a coming soon. not a knife only dealer but a legit one. so maybe there is some hope and baldehq is being a little greedy out of the gate;):D then again guess we'll see.

A site named after a big river still has AD10 and AD15 for less than 150 bucks each.

Dang prices are going up all around. I've been looking at the SR1 Tanto for less than 150 and been sitting on the fence. I look today on the bay and they went up 40 bills. I guess the new price guide got out.

I've been hoping for some time that CS would bring out some of their classic big knife models in 3V, particularly the kukri.

But at those prices, they're putting themselves right up there with CPK knives of the same size, and they just don't have the same quality in design, materials, heat treat or manufacture.

If these models end up being available at steep discounts, I might pick one or two up. If not, lets hope that CS focus instead on putting AUS 10A into some of their cheap fixed blade models, without jacking up the prices on those.

Back