Important Info! 2023 KITH CLOSED -

The knives this year are outstanding. There will be some happy folks in a couple weeks.

This is the list as of now:
Stan Buzek
Avigil
pafka
Daado
Ken Holland
M. McAlevy
Sando
C.D.Humiston
Stacy Apelt
Forest Taylor
Kevin KF Knives
tattooedfreak
Evan Wilson
MotorCityMike
Tony Mount
Joseph Bandeko
D Bloch
DanF
dwaterfield
FredyCro
Way Barney

Last edited:
No minute like the last minute! Just put the finishing touches on this blade and sheath. Forged 1095 blade, ivy pattern on the spine, purpleheart scales with peened bronze pins. Cowhide paddle-style sheath.

Probably will be the last logo etched using my home-printed stencils, I've finally gotten professionally made stencils! I'm not sure the pictures do justice to the color of the purpleheart but I really love working with that wood. I'm pretty happy with the sheath but I'm still learning when it comes to leather.

It's 21 PM here in Europe, just got out of shop. I am ready/iesh. I need to polish the handle and do the sheath, would do that on weekend if it's OK.

UDsNP4v.jpeg

JhL9CXc.jpeg
mwtlBoe.jpeg
Ec3vxvf.jpeg
2lCdrHG.jpeg

It's D2 at 62 HRC (dry ice treatment), vintage rag micarta, g10 liners and stainless hardware.

I am Ready,

Knife no 8,

It's as good as I am at the moment but not as good as my ambitions.

26c3 with light hamon, edge hardened to 61-62, peined nickel silver pins with tuffnol handle. Saddle stitched 8oz veg tan, contrast stitching with beeswax and oil finish.

kith1.jpgkith2.jpgkith3.jpg

I actually did finish my knife but that was after I realized I messed up the position of the front Corby bolt. It’s off-center enough to be obvious at a glance so I decided that I will not enter this year and I’ll work on being better for next year. All the knives everyone has posted are fantastic!

I actually did finish my knife but that was after I realized I messed up the position of the front Corby bolt. It’s off-center enough to be obvious at a glance so I decided that I will not enter this year and I’ll work on being better for next year. All the knives everyone has posted are fantastic!
I think you should enter,.

I agree, enter it.

If you had brought this concern up before the deadline, I would have suggested posting the photo and getting the groups advice. But, since the deadline has passed, it is moot now. Next year you can get started earlier.

The final list is:
Stan Buzek
Avigil
pafka
Daado
Ken Holland
M. McAlevy
Sando
C.D.Humiston
Stacy Apelt
Forest Taylor
Kevin KF Knives
tattooedfreak
Evan Wilson
MotorCityMike
Tony Mount
Joseph Bandeko
D Bloch
DanF
dwaterfield
FredyCro
Way Barney

So, get those knives ready for shipping, print out any certs or letters to the recipient, and have it ready to ship out ASAP.

Shipping tips:
Don't ship in the sheath unless the sheath is lined with kydex or plastic. A good method for safe shipping is to wrap the blade with cardboard and tape securely or put in a knife sleeve or blade cover.
Wrap the knife and sheath well in bubble wrap or other packing to keep it from moving around. Peanut packing is not very good for knives as they move through it too easily.
Put in a cert or provenance sheet with all the info on the knife. Include your name and contact info so the recipient can contact you with a Thank-you and any questions. Give an history, building details, and care tips you want to pass on to the new owner.
Print out the address label. Printed bold type is read much better by the sorting machines than handwritten addresses. Be sure to put your return address ... just in case.
Use a strong box. A flat rate box is highly recommended as the best way to ship a knife. It gets tracked and delivered faster.
Seal and tape the box well, with clear tape over the recipients address.
Take it to the Post Office as soon as possible. Insurance is a good idea. Shipping rate/method is up to you, but if using the USPS, Priority Flat rate is a very good idea. Others may prefer USPS, FED-X, or another shipper.
If you have any doubts about the recipients shipping or delivery info, best method for their country, etc. - contact them before mailing the knife.

I'll put the names in the match generator and get the recipients info to all of you sometime today or tomorrow. I added a parameter to match the European folks to make shipping expenses and customs easier on everyone. The USA and Canada are all matched together.
In a couple days I'll add the "Woo-Hoo, My KITH knife Arrived" thread in the stickys.

Back