2024 Case Vault Pattern

Interesting choice on their part. I'm safe.

I wonder if it was really used as a travel razor. A real razor would be sharper and wouldn't take up much more space.

Said to have been invented after the Civil War so that one-armed men could cut stuff. Some such knives could work like that and some not so much.
Was actually devised during the (un)Civil War, around 1861 or 1862.
It was designed for the vets who lost an arm or hand in battle and survived.
Most on both sides were country/farm boys.
They still needed a knife daily for their chores on the farm after they were discharged from the army/navy/marines, after they suffered the loss of some of their parts.

Last edited:
This is an interesting one. Not my thing but it's neat. Cooper has been making a lot of these, too.

It's interesting how Case calls it a travel razor. A normal folding straight razor would work circles around that, wouldn't it? The blade/grind on that knife is probably pretty thick compared to a razor and the average Joe wouldn't be able to keep it sharp enough to shave with. It takes quite a bit of work to get a knife shaving sharp.

I thought, like what you fellas explained above, that blade shape was for one handed opening.

I always found Case 05 pattern interesting especially the single blade and since I'm a Barlow fan I also like the 05 bolster
Never owned one but did try my friends years ago to open with 1 hand and it took me awhile to get it right
With the ad mentioning a wide variety of handle options if there's one on the single blade I like I think I will get one

Nice! I thought hard on the congress for 2023 but never pulled the trigger. I will definitely be interested in one of these. 3" blade is a good size, and it looks like it is going to have a larger pen blade too which I love.

I feel like there is a subtle differences between a one arm razor and just a razor (?) patterns?...just an assessment from seeing plethora of pics on the forums...

The regular razor pattern's 'hook' is hardly a hook with the pointy part basically tapered off like the back of a spey blade (like the case pattern shown above). I have the regular razor patterns in my possession and I've 'attempted' opening it one hand by 'hooking' it on the side seam of my jeans. Near impossible. The hook just won't grab easily unless I wore non-stretch, blood stopping tight jeans lol. Even then, it takes a considerable force to be able to press into the material for it to grab and open...only my opinion...

The One-arm razor (like GEC one arm) pattern on the other hand, at least ones I've seen, has a pronounced point (not tapered) that almost pokes into the material you are wearing.

Regardless, what do I know, I've also seen plenty of 'one-arm razor' patterns advertised that has the tapered hook...

Just an observation!

The add copy was written by someone who has no idea about the history of the pattern, probably the same person who has been writing add copy for Victorinox.
As stated the crescent is to hook on the top of your pocket or belt, for one armed opening. The original fidget knife, very practical and should not have a halfstop although that is pretty easy to get used to. Since case does not put a halfstop on half the old patterns I assume they will have a half stop on the razor just to pi$$meoff. I'll still get one.

Did this leak early, not seeing anything from Case on their website?
Edited to say nevermind, I found it

Back