22 Kiridashi run!

I'm getting there! These aren't epoxy soaked yet but they are almost ready for the west system, I just need to chop the cords off and squeeze the cord together to eliminate any gaps. I have a few to modify or wrap for custom orders as well. I have been etching, doing patina and wrapping these for about 13 hours today.

I have some glow in there too!

076-1.jpg

080.jpg

You have been busy :eek: I was going to say I count 23, but the top left one is something else...

Looking good. Always happy to get a knife pic fix here.

You have been busy :eek: I was going to say I count 23, but the top left one is something else...

Looking good. Always happy to get a knife pic fix here.

You know it!

I have been trying for more knife photos as I have a ton ready but the lighting sucks, I need a lightbox for the winter!

weird wacky stuff here... :D so you wrap them first.. So how do you do the epoxy without messing up the steel? I actually thought (HAH) that you soaked the cord and wrapped them wet... I guess I should research this OR just wait til you respond. Google is boring anyway. :)

Prolly just soak them wipe.. but I know nothing. :E

weird wacky stuff here... :D so you wrap them first.. So how do you do the epoxy without messing up the steel? I actually thought (HAH) that you soaked the cord and wrapped them wet... I guess I should research this OR just wait til you respond. Google is boring anyway. :)

Prolly just soak them wipe.. but I know nothing. :E

Yeah I "tack" them in place after the wrap then soak. I have to be very careful with the epoxy so I don't get it everywhere, I use a special fabric epoxy that really soaks in well otherwise it wouldn't be as solid.

I tried a wet wrap the first time I tried a wrap, I'll never forget standing there with this epoxy dripping cord thinking, I have to wrap this knife without screwing it up!?!??

Just curious, when all these knives are done how much time would you say you have put into them?

Kaleb

I have about 80 hours into them so far and still have another day or two of finishing/wraps/epoxy on some of them before I can make the sheaths, that will take a couple of long days as well... I estimate 120 hours total. This is some kind of a record for me, the first few took me a few days each!

I'm eating right now and will be back on it for a few more hours later. It has been a busy year! :D

Back