3/16" O1 Steel Bushcraft Knives - Updated with finished knife!

I like the design, not much for choils and guards as I get older. Am interested to see what you do with the handles and other models you mentioned, will keep watching.

I like the design, not much for choils and guards as I get older. Am interested to see what you do with the handles and other models you mentioned, will keep watching.

Cool, I ground the proto out yesterday and it is looking good!

Here it is all covered with crud from the grinding area...

016wl.jpg

:eek:
019ol.jpg

I don't care much for bushcraft knives because of their very plain silhouette, but that handle shape makes a big difference.

I don't care much for bushcraft knives because of their very plain silhouette, but that handle shape makes a big difference.

I feel the same way as far as their style goes but I love how they function so I had to spice the design up a little. 3/16" chisel ground O1 for even more zing.

The chisel excels at making fire sticks/planing/shaving wood so I think it is ideal for a bushcraft knife. Most of them are around 1/8" thick so this is way stronger.

I kept the fat ergonomic handle but I had to texture it up for over the top grip.

It is also a 50/50 handle to blade ratio and 9" long like a bushcraft should be, just beefed up in thickness!

I plan on making a bunch more of them, honestly I thought I was going to crank them out but being so thick they are slow going. I'm still going to keep the price low in the spirit of bushcraft, you shouldn't have to spend a ton of cash to get a great knife!

Damn that looks good Daniel.
Kind of a tac bush look to it.
$$??
Got any tiger stripe g10?(black & orange)

Damn that looks good Daniel.
Kind of a tac bush look to it.
$$??
Got any tiger stripe g10?(black & orange)

Thanks!

I'll sell it with sheath for $150. That also includes shipping.

I can get the tiger stripe for one with my next supply order... I hope to do a run of these once I get some more orders taken care of.

I just molded a sheath for it along with about 15 other sheaths, I'm going to be sheath making for a while, lol.

Last edited:
Whatever you call it, it's great. Dumb question, but would this be best suited for right hand carry/user with a LH carry/
User chisel ground on the other side?

Back