~3 inch fixed blade options

I recently purchased the black jack 155 and its a beauty. I found it for 50$ and made my own micarta handles. It is smaller than I expected but still would be serviceable for most cutting chores.

Last edited:
The EK&T Companion, ESEE Izula and Cold Steel Mini Tac are my go-to knives when I want a 3" fixed blade.

If you like the BK-24 but find the D2 difficult to sharpen, may I suggest the BK-14 ... Same knife but in easy to sharpen, tough as nails 1095 CroVan.

Bradford guardian 3 hands down. One of the best small edc fixed blades on the market. Available in many steels.

Available in drop point, sheepsfoot, and wharncliffe.

I also love the Spyderco Streetbeat. That is my personal fav.

Last edited:
Lionsteel m1 if you are feeling fancy. From what I’ve seen, I don’t think that i would like the hand feel for more than 2 minutes (but then again, I have been proven wrong by my small hands). But other than that, it has been shown that lionsteel’s m390 can survive what you throw at it. (Survive knives do have smaller options as well, but I’m not as well versed in their catalogue). CS should give you good options as well, but I have not handled them either. (The knives/steels work great, I just don’t know how they’ll feel in hand)

if you want something stain resistant at around $120 Entrek has several blades in 440c that is tough enough to baton with. Great warranty as well.

If you want a stainless blade ... I'd recommend either the LT Wright in AEB-L ... which is hard to find on that steel but the knife even in 01 or 3V is a great little knife.

The second would be the Bradford Guardian 3 ... can get it in M390 ... 3V ... or Vanadis 4E I believe.

I'm not sure I would ever recommend batoning with any small fixed blade but those 2 are great small knives that are great for most uses.

OP started this thread a year ago... I’m going to guess he’s found something by now.

with Landi knives, I prefer his EDC, the 3.5, but for under 3 inch, the PSK is great!
Forgot to add Austin Goldman from the forums. Some of his blades are very well priced. His Web L blades are priced very well.
Gollik knives, which is one of my favorites, has some well priced blades. They are above 120 though.

As a knife maker, I would recommend M390 hardened to Rc60 for anything except prying and/or battoning. They make prybars for prying and hatches for chopping. M390 has 20% chrome so it won't rust, and 4% Vanadium so it will keep an edge forever.
Tim

Back