3 new Benchmades!?!?!?!

Checked out the fixed Contego and 940-1 at Shot today, didn't like the handle on the Contego, too many sharp edges both at the sides of the handle and where the two large finger groove radii come together, otherwise it was okay, won't be buying one. 940-1 looks nice but it's no different than the other 940's. BM did have guys there doing sharpening on work sharp tools and also doing laser engraving on the fly.

I read all this hate on new benchmades and i'm just sitting here wanting this bad boy

That dealer (Blade HQ) says that the MSRP is $105. Heck, at that price it comes in under an actual D2 Griptilian. We may have a good priced winner on our hands
Well, for some reason that looks more like an axis Stryker to me than the actual Styker. And if it does... :D

That price listing is wrong.

The 2014 H&K catalog says that it is $155.

Still a lot less than a lot of the other new Benchmades though.

Yeah its MSRP stats its coming in at $155 so still its gonna be an extreme value, D2 Axis lock + overall sexyness= Win for the Benchmade HK line this year!

Great looking knife. If it was also offered in PE satin that would be one to consider.

Great looking knife. If it was also offered in PE satin that would be one to consider.

According to BMs catalog, this will be offered in PE coated. I am not crazy about coatings but I will see what the price is.

GCG199, I saw what the catalog said. I hope this knife is less than $130.

According to BMs catalog, this will be offered in PE coated. I am not crazy about coatings but I will see what the price is.

GCG199, I saw what the catalog said. I hope this knife is less than $130.

It's okay, we are still getting over the SHOT Show rush—it is a huge show—with 12.5-miles of gear booths to see!

They also throw a lot of parties for dealers at the show, which delays more information from coming out right away too.

So it makes sense that some places posting product information will make mistakes.

Going by the standard 15% discount that Benchmade pushes onto us.

It should have a street price of around $131.75.

I don't know if the H&K knife line can be discounted more than the regular Benchmade lines though.

I have never considered any of the H&K knife line before this one.

It's okay, we are still getting over the SHOT Show rush—it is a huge show—with 12.5-miles of gear booths to see!

They also throw a lot of parties for dealers at the show, which delays more information from coming out right away too.

So it makes sense that some places posting product information will make mistakes.

Going by the standard 15% discount that Benchmade pushes onto us.

It should have a street price of around $131.75.

I don't know if the H&K knife line can be discounted more than the regular Benchmade lines though.

I have never considered any of the H&K knife line before this one.

If you like assisted openers, look at the Nitrous Blitz. It was one of my first BMs and can still be had for under $100.

If you like assisted openers, look at the Nitrous Blitz. It was one of my first BMs and can still be had for under $100.

Thank you for the suggestion.

It looks like a nice knife, but tip-down only pocket clip carry doesn't work for me.

If I get a Benchmade knife this year, it will be the H&K Axis most likely in plain edge.

It looks like they used the more grippy peel-ply G10 for the handle that I like too.

They are nice:

p7sk.jpg

tp78.jpg

3nds.jpg

z78e.jpg

The small Contego looks very light, but he Emissary is probably my favorite...
3oa7.jpg
o5je.jpg

There must be enough room to add the topside safety on the 477, and I agree Bob...the HK logo's not bad really, just no option for a satin blade is a big mistake, no matter the intended tactical application for the knife. I just don't like BK and the D2 blade simply needs the satin finish as used on the 912/913 models where the protection is more than adequate. Thanks for the great pics Poceh.

i dont't like the fact that the 477 has liners. the original emissarys linerless design is much more appealing to me.
every other axis locking knife in production has either full or partial liners.
on the other hand it gained some gimping, but i doubt its efficient. as usual.

i'm disappointed , to be honest.

... Thanks for the great pics Poceh.
You're welcome. I got about three online albums with pix from the last week show, I don't know where would be appropriate to post the links, but they are open, I don't mind you guys to look at those, just let me know where should I post the links... Mostly guns and knives...what else would be interesting there, besides the AVN awards.... :D

I fail to see how the HK vs Butterfly holds any weight...they are the same quality with a different stamp on the blade.

Just my opinion, if I buy a Benchmade I want to see a Butterfly on the blade. I like Benchmade knives but I fail to see why they have to produce great knives to be branded with someone elses logo.

Just my opinion, if I buy a Benchmade I want to see a Butterfly on the blade. I like Benchmade knives but I fail to see why they have to produce great knives to be branded with someone elses logo.

GCG, sorry to hear that it won't work for you. I did get mine out and carry it today though.

It is just personal preference. I am usually too busy cutting something to notice what is on the blade. I am with Wallaby on this one.

On topic. If BM ever releases a satin blade or if I strip the blade on an HK axis, I think I will soften that transition from tip to spine. I kind of looks like some one cut a piece of the blade off right now.

Back