.315" A2 Batch Work in Progress - Just Started

I just finished the sheaths and am walking these down to the shop for a final sharpening and a once over.

002-22.jpg

Lovem bro! The CF looks so clean.

Have you considered polishing the inside of the tube flairs? I think it might add a nice touch (but maybe too time consuming).

freekin nice, Daniel!

Much appreciated Rolf!

Lovem bro! The CF looks so clean.

Have you considered polishing the inside of the tube flairs? I think it might add a nice touch (but maybe too time consuming).

Thanks, the CF and silver twill is polished to 2000 grit by hand. It has real depth to it and I'm proud of the finish, my wife said they keep looking way better on the scales lately and was impressed when I brought them in. I can always tell by her reaction!

I made sure to line up the grain of the Carbon Fiber and twill with the lines of the knife too!

It only takes a few seconds to polish the tube with a drill, q-tip and some Flitz, maybe I will do that. I notice the tube looks like crap in photos but fine in person.

I'll eventually blast the tube on my knives, I like the matte look of blasted tube. I'm still saving to buy a blast unit and compressor.

Hey Daniel, got my blade yesterday (.315 S7 poon tip w/ Westinghouse micarta scales) and couldn't be happier. Grinds are killer, it's razor sharp and the whole package (knife and sheath) is top notch. I'm officially a fan. That being said, are any of the tantos in this thread still available? I'd love to pick one up. Thanks.

tcs

Hey Daniel, got my blade yesterday (.315 S7 poon tip w/ Westinghouse micarta scales) and couldn't be happier. Grinds are killer, it's razor sharp and the whole package (knife and sheath) is top notch. I'm officially a fan. That being said, are any of the tantos in this thread still available? I'd love to pick one up. Thanks.

tcs

That is great to hear! :cool: Thanks very much for the kind words and I hope you really enjoy the knife! I wanted to keep that one in a bad way! :D

Email sent about the tanto. I should know later today or tomorrow if it is yours, you have "first dibs."

Blasted tubes sounds awesome! I don't think I have ever seen that done. I'm a big fan of blasted finishes, but mostly for parts as accent. The blasted parts offer contrast as you stated and wear differently than the rest of the knife, so with use the knife develops even more character.

Yeah good blasters cost a chunk man, I wish I could justify the cost of one for myself.

Blasted tubes sounds awesome! I don't think I have ever seen that done. I'm a big fan of blasted finishes, but mostly for parts as accent. The blasted parts offer contrast as you stated and wear differently than the rest of the knife, so with use the knife develops even more character.

Yeah good blasters cost a chunk man, I wish I could justify the cost of one for myself.

It is a subtle finished look with the right bead blast, I just want the tubes to look more finished. As mentioned I feel the photos make them look bad. I'd eventually like to do a light beadblast then tumble for a stonewashed look on my blades.

I hear you on blast units being expensive! I am looking for a used compressor/tank with 10 cfm... so far they run about $400 used here. I'm not sure on a blast cab, once again a used American made one is my goal. It is a good amount of money!

Currently my next big shop purchase will be a dust collector and air filter. The light dust is so bad in my shop even with lots of cleaning that I can't really hang out in my shop, that isn't safe. It was better in the summer as I grind with the doors and window open with a blower on.

looks great man, is the silver twill one available?

Thanks for the kind words.

The silver twill one is spoken for but I'm thinking I must make more. I received 4 emails yesterday alone on that knife and three on the carbon fiber one! That is a clear cut sign to make more. I have a ton on my plate right now but you know I love making tantos... let me see what I can do. Maybe later this year? I have more silver twill, CF and even some blue twill!

I really wish I had one for you! I'm trying hard to make it all happen.

It's going to be hard for me to decide between Twill or Carbon Fiber on my next knife from you Daniel. You make both of them look great.

It's going to be hard for me to decide between Twill or Carbon Fiber on my next knife from you Daniel. You make both of them look great.

Much appreciated!

I like them a lot personally too, they have a classy look to me. High tech and good looking at the same time...

Daniel, I never thought that I would, but I'm seriously contemplating the sale of my Busse SFNO for the funds to get one of these magnificent .315" Harpoon beauties. Honestly, that's the sweetest fixed blad that i've ever seen. i'm infatuated, and will be looking to acquire one in the future. Amazing! Do you make leather sheaths too? I'd hate to have kydex scuff up the mirror polish on one of those. thx for the pics. Sid

Daniel, I never thought that I would, but I'm seriously contemplating the sale of my Busse SFNO for the funds to get one of these magnificent .315" Harpoon beauties. Honestly, that's the sweetest fixed blad that i've ever seen. i'm infatuated, and will be looking to acquire one in the future. Amazing! Do you make leather sheaths too? I'd hate to have kydex scuff up the mirror polish on one of those. thx for the pics. Sid

That makes my day, Thanks.

leather - my wife Sara makes the leather and will for the purple one, I agree with a mirror finish leather is the way to go

Any pics of the purple scaled Knife? Quit holding out ; )

Will do! I just got in my 2000 and a 2000+ (so smooth there is no grit classification :cool: ) belts in so it is back on! I have it hand finished to 2000 already so it looks like a block of chrome, you should see the reflection through the purple. The request was for "Blacklight Purple" and I think I got lucky with the CTEK, it is cool stuff...

That makes my day, Thanks.

leather - my wife Sara makes the leather and will for the purple one, I agree with a mirror finish leather is the way to go

Any pics of the purple scaled Knife? Quit holding out ; )

Will do! I just got in my 2000 and a 2000+ (so smooth there is no grit classification :cool: ) belts in so it is back on! I have it hand finished to 2000 already so it looks like a block of chrome, you should see the reflection through the purple. The request was for "Blacklight Purple" and I think I got lucky with the CTEK, it is cool stuff...

Hey sorry for no pic! The contractor contacted me and it has been busy here since... doing one last thing to the shop for final electrical inspection! Once this is over with I will feel relieved, it has been a big deal trying to get this done.

NP, my new daughter arrived Tuesday Evening. She and my Wife are doing great, and needless to say i'm tired and have been busy as Hell. I'll check back in a few days to see if the purple CTEK is up etc. Take care Daniel.

NP, my new daughter arrived Tuesday Evening. She and my Wife are doing great, and needless to say i'm tired and have been busy as Hell. I'll check back in a few days to see if the purple CTEK is up etc. Take care Daniel.

Congratulations!!!! Great to hear that! Get some rest too! :D

CTEK and all of these soon, I have been all over the place trying to get everything done here... shop inspection. I am taking way too long on these!

Back