3V Tanto with my first saya (Joe made me do it)

Kevin beautiful sword

BladeScout

Along time ago I figured I would post what I like and what has worked for me all these years and I knew deep down inside there were other wackos like me out there that would like the same stuff :)

What I like about Ben is not just his undeniable talent but he thrives on criticism and suggestions

He is not afraid to step out of how comfort zone and try something new so I guess he really doesn't have. A comfort zone .....which I kinda really dig

Congrats Ben ..... You are destined for greatness :)

BladeScout

Along time ago I figured I would post what I like and what has worked for me all these years and I knew deep down inside there were other wackos like me out there that would like the same stuff :)

:D aint that the truth :thumbup:

Could not agree more.

An author, whose works we have both read, once summed it up:

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth."

:D aint that the truth :thumbup:

Could not agree more.

An author, whose works we have both read, once summed it up:

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth."

Funny ... But considering my recent motorcycle crash I ain't riding to straight :)

Hi Ben,
beautiful work !! On the Saya did you make it in two pcs and then glue together?

Vic

Hi Ben,
beautiful work !! On the Saya did you make it in two pcs and then glue together?

Vic

3 pieces actually. There are about 14 hidden carbon fiber pins around the perimeter of the saya as well.

I got in some Carbon fiber sleeve for the next one. :cool:

Also working on my CAD skills for a new tsuba design. :D

Drawing inspiration from some antique tsuba I have seen....

Last edited:
Thanks guys. designing tsuba is fun.

So, would you be cutting out the tsuba by hand, or using the CAD file to have it waterjetted/lasered/plasma cut/other CNC cutting method?

This came out awesome, Ben.

They will be waterjet and then hand finished. I have a local place 10 min from me that I work with. I have a couple other designs in the works also. Hoping to offer them as options for my tanto and Wakizashi.

Back