4.7 Mystery Steel Reveal Day - April 22!

I'll be interested in what they finally end up calling these things, since they are now in the GSO lineup.

GSO 4.7 SS (secret steel)?

I'll be interested in what they finally end up calling these things, since they are now in the GSO lineup.

Yeah, that's basically what they have on the page so far. Looks like 5pm EST they'll be up for sale. Don't know how many they'll do in the pre-order though.

Sounds to me that the SK line is going a different direction, design wise. Meaning, these are now closer in design to the GSO series than the eventual SK line will be. these pre production blades with the Secret SK steel will probably be limited in quantity to what they currently have in stock.

I was planning to change the name to "GSO-4.7 [insert steel name]" once the time comes. If the steel is popular it will just be available as an additional option for some models, right next to the CPM-3V and CPM-20CV on the product page.

Yeah, that's basically what they have on the page so far. Looks like 5pm EST they'll be up for sale. Don't know how many they'll do in the pre-order though.

2pm, don't be late!

Most of the batch will be listed today so that people can start getting them and deciding what they think of the steel. We have the opportunity to invest in the steel, but it isn't something you can just pick up at will. So we want as much feedback as possible before taking the leap. The blades do still need to be Cerakoted, but all of the other materials are here. Once those have all shipped, the remaining blades will be inventoried and listed.

edit to add: Ok, I just read the EST part of your comment. I haven't had my caffeine yet, bear with me. :)

2pm, don't be late!

edit to add: Ok, I just read the EST part of your comment. I haven't had my caffeine yet, bear with me. :)

No problem :) It obviously makes sense to list it 2pm on the site since you guys are in that time zone, but i knew it threw some people off last time so I figured I'd throw it out there my time. Always appreciate your input and information!

Earlier I saw a CPM 154 on their site for the GSO 4.7., as a 3rd steel option Hmmm Maybe i'm just confused lol

Last edited:
Earlier I saw a CPM 154 on their site for the GSO 4.7., as a 3rd steel option Hmmm Maybe i'm just confused lol

They definitely did order some CPM154CM. I believe Ellie said Guy was wanting to work with that steel himself to see how it worked out for a small run. Were some of them offered today? I had delivery route and couldn't check in.

They definitely did order some CPM154CM. I believe Ellie said Guy was wanting to work with that steel himself to see how it worked out for a small run. Were some of them offered today? I had delivery route and couldn't check in.

Just the preproduction mystery steels were sold today. Some were still available just a little bit ago, but I haven't checked back since then.

It kills me that I didn't grab one yet. Damn tax man hit me hard this year.

If I didn't have one ordered in 3v I'd be a little more tempted. That, and though I trust Team Survive!, not knowing which steel it is dissuaded me a bit.

I understand what you mean. I'm in funds refill mode right now otherwise I would have totally gotten one today. The steel being a total mystery does leave an unknown factor but between the price and the dead sexy cerakote, I can't resist!

I hear you on that, too. But I've also been on a bit of a knife bender as of late making it a little easier to pass this time.

Back