4 blems for 7/9 -- pix and good deals.

top - 18 inch 21 ounce Sirupati by Bura. 10/10 effort by Bura. Only problem is fairly serious crack in handle at back. Looks bad but handle is there to stay. Improve looks by epoxy fill with wood dust mix of similar color to handle -- dark red colored -- and clamp with automotive clamps. Everything else just fine. Good karda, chakma, same old village sarki scabbard and frog. Full guarantee. Take it home for $75 -- $50 savings.

number 2 -- 15.5 inch 21 ounce BAS by Bura. Another 10/10 effort by Bura. Took a hit during shipping -- loose buttcap (epoxy) and 1/2 inch crack in handle at buttcap (superglue). Full guarantee. Good little karda and chakma. Mil style scabbard and frog by village sarki in new leather. Good rig for $60 delivered to your door -- $40 savings.

number 3 -- 15 inch 22 ounce AK by Sanu. Good work by Sanu. Only thing I can find wrong is some rust near tip -- 10 minute cleanup. Handle is beautiful saatisal with major burl. Good karda and chakma. Scabbard & frog by village sarki in new leather. Ten minutes cleanup saves you $50. Take it home for $75.

bottom -- 12 inch 1 pound AK by Sanu. Perfect except for minor fill in handle. That's the only thing wrong with the entire rig. Good sized karda and chakma for 12 inch model. Same old perfect scabbard & frog by village sarki. Delivered to your door for $45 -- $30 off regular.

Call or email.

Attachments

• 7-9-02 -- 4 blems.jpg
    7-9-02 -- 4 blems.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 375
number 3 Sanu AK GTC.

Bottom still unclaimed. I'll hold it until afternoon then it goes bttt for sale.

SB, will hold bottom one more hour. Then it's shipping time and if stil unclaimed it will go to another home.

I don't understand, you sold the one I was going to buy? I was not told there was a couple of hour window to make these purchases.
I can surf the web at lunch but not all day and I had to go back to work. What am I supposed to do now?

-SB:confused:

It's best to email or call Bill right away if you see something you want, and leave the posting for later. With this gang of sharks, good deals don't last long! When I'm shopping the forum, I keep my cell phone handy, and I've still missed things I really wanted.

Not to worry, though. There will be future good deals to be had! Keep plugging away there. ;)

Pat

Right now we have two crises going on in Nepal -- The most important is trying to keep Bura alive. The second is trying to get a shop built that is farther out of harm's way than the present one. We need cash to get this done.

I have a knife laying here I've held for 3 weeks for a customer who said I want it and I'll get back to you. He has not gotten back to me in 3 weeks and I doubt that he will. I just can't wait around like that with the current situation as it is.

However, SB if you feel you have been slighted let me know and I'll send you a perfect 12 inch Ak at blem price. But as I indicated in the email I sent you to which I have received no response I still need to know where to ship it and how you intend to pay for it.

Bill, what is the knife the customer did not pick up? Lay that puppy out here and sell it!!

munk

SB, there are two kinds of tools I still feel like a little kid about; guns and khukuris. It was very hard in the beginning, and still is, to watch all these deals go down. But Outdoors is right. There will be good deals again.

munk

Originally posted by Bill Martino
However, SB if you feel you have been slighted let me know and I'll send you a perfect 12 inch Ak at blem price.

And that's why we keep coming back. Bill, you are honorable to a fault!

Pat

I can see SB's point of view and can understand how he must feel. That's why I made the offer.

Now I hope that he can see my viewpoint, why I need to generate cash and really can't hold deals that may or may not come to fruition. SB is a first time buyer with no track record and I've had a hundred guys who are/were first timers say yes when they meant no.

Hi Bill,

Sorry, I did send an email to you in response to your email. Unfortunately, it was after you had sold the AK so it's basically the same as my last post. Had I known that you were unable to hold items for a few hours I would have extended my lunch for a bit and called you. Now I know. I just wish you had told me in the email:(
I would like to take you up on your offer on the perfect AK, but I feel it would be wrong. I feel I would be taking advantage of some nice people, you included.
I am glad that you explained why things went the way they did and very glad that you are a "stand up" guy! I'll probably end up buying an AK at the regular price. I'll just have to save abit more;)

Thanks Bill and everyone...I'll be back! :D
-SB

The forum is growing more quickly than we remember to allow for.

Those on here a while realize that if you see a deal you want, email Bill confirmation with your address to ship to, how payment is coming, etc., or make a phone call with the same info. Then, and only then, do you post on the forum.

Only real surprise is this hasn't happened earlier with all the new members. Maybe time to put a permanent Feeding Frenzy FAQ up.

Typical - went back and read the instructions at the top and Uncle already addressed it months back. Why am I not surprised I didn't bother to read it?

Maybe instead of going to the barber next time I'll hit the beauty parlor and go the blonde route rather than grey roots. Actually I think my beard could more accurately be called s--t and (white) pepper. Anyway, then I could say what did you expect from a dumb blonde?

Originally posted by munk
Bill, what is the knife the customer did not pick up? Lay that puppy out here and sell it!!

:D Spoken like a true HI forumite. :)

SharpBits... get a 15" AK. It's more impressive visually and better for cuttin' things. :)

Information---knowledge is powwer!

Well, I have read the FAQ, read the HI Andale stores page in and out, and, bascially prodded and poked all i could on the web--then still called to talk to Uncle on my first sale (and every one after that). The phone is still cool in that you can talk to a human, and Bill is certainly one of those.

Here's a little blurb to use in the ordering FAQ, if it is not already there:
"Folks--the forum is a by-product of the Computer Shack in Reno. The real business is khuk sales, seconded by having an outlet for the veteran buyers(Cantina). Please remember to contact the Human being Behind the Machine. He's really nice, and likes to talk to you, too"

Sharp Bits, sorry if you were put off by this exchange. Please consult the thread at the top of the Cantina titled "Instructions for ordering special deals (or anything) by email. Please read." Understanding the workings of thre Cantina makes it a pleasurable time for all.

And, by the way, don't settle for the 15" Ang Khila, go to the 18" AK. You will not be disappointed, especially if you are a big fellah.

Welcome!

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
And, by the way, don't settle for the 15" Ang Khila, go to the 18" AK. You will not be disappointed, especially if you are a big fellah.

Better yet: Jump on that 21" Chitlangi that went on the block today. When it arrives you'll think you've died & gone to knife heaven. :cool:

Back