440C

With the 1" stock, what (realistically) is the tallest blade that you can make, John? 3/4"? 7/8"? 15/16"? I may have to change my design if it's less that 7/8".
The stock is a full 1", maybe a fraction over.

I'm working on this today, I'm planning on using this for a test knife, and will be using it for all my cutting chores for the next month. Connie will also be using it in the kitchen.

I doubt I will buy one - but I'd be willing to be part of a passaround for testing/reviewing/feedback.

I might be right alongside Vik. That would depend upon how next year is looking.
For now consider me willing to guinea pig it for you as well.

Below is a write up that I did on my 4V EDC. Cutting meat and making sausage for a living offers a peculiar set of circumstances that can be hard to match for daily corrosive contact.

Let me know.
Thanks John!

Great choice for a 1/16" 440C test knife.
I loved my Improved Bowie in 1/16" O1 and don't see any reason the 440 version won't be a winner in the kitchen or field.

I've been using my 1/16 Galley Wag as my main kitchen knife lately. I can easily picture it in 440c.
It would be incredible.

Count me in on the potential pass around! I’m interested in a 1/16” blade but can’t decide which one.

If it turns out good I might do a small pass around, established members from this forum only.
Cool, John!

I would be honored to get a chance to use the knife, take some pictures, post some thoughts, and most importantly, cut up some steaks.....

My JK Modified Wharncliffe has the thinner stock in 01 - I bet Maggie really likes the 440 - I'll let her compare the two knives and get her thoughts on the differences and her preferences. Should be very interesting.

best

mqqn

John, I'd love to test your "kitchen" knife in this steel. I cook for two kids every night. I cut meat and vegetables nearly every night. As expected, I would provide a full write-up on the experience. I'll even stop by to pick up the knife. Good excuse for a Bloody Mary and a grilled lunch. Just let me know what works best! Bill

John, I'd love to test your "kitchen" knife in this steel. I cook for two kids every night. I cut meat and vegetables nearly every night. As expected, I would provide a full write-up on the experience. I'll even stop by to pick up the knife. Good excuse for a Bloody Mary and a grilled lunch. Just let me know what works best! Bill
Since you mentioned Bloody Mary's, count yourself in!

Great choice for a 1/16" 440C test knife.
I loved my Improved Bowie in 1/16" O1 and don't see any reason the 440 version won't be a winner in the kitchen or field.
You have a 1/16th stock Improved Bowie!:)
Really?:thumbsup:

Back