$447.00 Micarta 112

Somebody wants ones bad it still has a couple of hours to go, but it’s already in the record books.

There's a 119 "customize your own" going for near $100 over the price you can order from Buck today as well. Whew, must be a bad year for rampant "I'll show THAT guy" fueled by covid relief money! ;-)

(edited to correct senile memory... it's a 119 not a 124)

Last edited:
Somebody wants ones bad it still has a couple of hours to go, but it’s already in the record books.

The seller's husband customizes knives for a living.I'd be willing to bet he did that knife.The scale pins look flat,as if they've been sanded.The blade is a trifle short but not too bad.

I own several Case knives that he customized.He just recently started to re-do Buck knives to almost new condition.

He can reshape any blade and he also engraves bolsters and blades.

The seller's husband customizes knives for a living.I'd be willing to bet he did that knife.The scale pins look flat,as if they've been sanded.The blade is a trifle short but not too bad.

I own several Case knives that he customized.He just recently started to re-do Buck knives to almost new condition.

He can reshape any blade and he also engraves bolsters and blades.

If that is indeed the case then I'd say the item description is misleading at best.

Their description stated they bought it from a collector in San Francisco,which may be the case.I have three micarta 112's and I've never seen one where the micarta was that smooth.Any collector who owns one knows to what I'm referring.Micarta,of that age,usually has a slightly wavy appearance.

Anyone else see any anomalies in this 112?

This is an example of a 112 from that era that hasn't been touched.The micarta is wavy and the scale pins are dome shaped.
159463.jpg

159464.jpg

The same person sold 1972 110 and 112 inverted two-liner with Micarta. Made some good $$. I can't wait to see what Buck they post next for auction.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
He probably got a buddy running up the bid , Both of my micarta 112s have a brass spacer but one has a inverted Buck USA only stamp, and the other one has a regular Buck 112 USA stamp. Odd ?

Never heard of a 110 with Micarta - but interesting if they do exist. I find that even MIB examples show some tarnish, and these knives all look like Joe just set them down from the buffer. Just an observation.

Pictures of my MIB 112 Micarta -
DSC_1252.JPG

DSC_1257.JPG

Links to all pictures - I have another mild-user 112 micarta in the albums as well -
http://www.iammoon.com/albums/knives/Buck/112 Micarta MIB/

best
mqqn

Bidders sometimes loose their minds.
I almost passed on this one V1-V1 at less than $175.00 with full blade, nice engraving AND the cool bail..I can only think of one example I would even consider over $200.00 and that's one of the few Chuck himself hand routed with your name the first weekend the 112 came out. Now David has a 110/112 set in Black micarta with 3 pins on each end..20210416_194110.jpg

Bidders sometimes loose their minds.
I almost passed on this one V1-V1 at less than $175.00 with full blade, nice engraving AND the cool bail..I can only think of one example I would even consider over $200.00 and that's one of the few Chuck himself hand routed with your name the first weekend the 112 came out. Now David has a 110/112 set in Black micarta with 3 pins on each end..View attachment 1549826

That is super cool! :thumbsup:

Back