• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

5160 is here.

Going to be some whining around the country when the carriers get handed the bundles of 10 of these babies. At a bit over 4 ft and 60# they will be so handy to.

Actually the man who does deliveries here was happy about the bars, the amount of snow and ice on the road forced him to load up with sand bags to get traction. So the bars just increased the traction. :p I imagine outside of eskimo land NY they would grumble.

The steel arrived today and I just want to say thanks again Burton.

Actually the man who does deliveries here was happy about the bars, the amount of snow and ice on the road forced him to load up with sand bags to get traction. So the bars just increased the traction. :p I imagine outside of eskimo land NY they would grumble.

The steel arrived today and I just want to say thanks again Burton.

Got mine 10 minutes ago! Fed Ex guy was pretty cool about "getting rid of all the weight" in his truck. I can't imagine it was the heaviest package he had in the truck today. Thanks for the great deal on great steel! -Matt-

Just got mine, too, Burton! " Email of thanks" sent. Very nice looking stuff; no rust on mine! Thanks again.
- Mitch

How much for shipping 5 sticks to 81503 CO?
You would be at $30.00 for the steel and $22.00 for the shipping. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Glad the stuff is starting to get out there. I will be shipping the next batch out end of week or Monday. There were a couple of people whose Paypal just went through so you will be on the next shipment. I will send out tracking #'s to all once shipped.
Very nice looking stuff; no rust on mine! Thanks again.
Thanks, it is all clean like that.

Guys, This is a great deal...I bought 12 and have already got a blade ready for heat treating...It is real clean steel.....It grinds easily and looks great......Now i wish i had picked up some extra.................carl...Merry Christmas to all.....................

awh man i gess mine will come later. how much do you have left. i might want to add to my order :)

Here's a dumb question for you guys!
How does 5160 compare to L6 for stock removal blades?
I've never used 5160 before, is it a pain in the butt to grind and finish?
Is it as good as L6 for big bowies?
Thanks for anything you can tell me on this guys!!!

Thank you Burton, steel made it to CT. Nice stuff!!!

Kevin

Got my package last night I have never had more than three feet of steel before. Got so excited I almost put it under the xmas tree ....almost ...... Thanks for the great deal

Here's a dumb question for you guys!
How does 5160 compare to L6 for stock removal blades?
I've never used 5160 before, is it a pain in the butt to grind and finish?
Is it as good as L6 for big bowies?
Thanks for anything you can tell me on this guys!!!
I think some of the other guys would be better to answer this. But I have ground a few blades out of it on my KMG without to much trouble at all. As far as comparing to L6 I really don't have any experience with it so maybe some of the experts could help out there.
-Burton

Got my package last night I have never had more than three feet of steel before. Got so excited I almost put it under the xmas tree ....almost ...... Thanks for the great deal
Make some blades and then put them under the tree :)

Back