52100 Millitary

Update from the new Spyderbyte that Spyderco sent out today:

36CFP52100 Military™ Model with 52100 tool steel blade and textured peel-ply carbon fiber scales - shipping early June

I still hope the 52100 Military has the same CQI treatment that the 204p KW model got. Although the picture included in the Spyder Byte email does not give me confidence.

Really? I dont think ive ever seen a folder with this steel. What type of finish are the blades gonna be/coated?

Not coated and not laminated, so take care.

I desperately want to try this steel and have a feeling I would love it. Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to buy another Millie at this point. The one I has doesn't see much pocket time and there are too many other Spydies on my radar. There was a bit of chatter about the possibility of doing a UKPK in this steel. I would pick one up in a heartbeat if they did. It would be one of the cheaper ways to get my hands on a folder in this steel.

I still hope the 52100 Military has the same CQI treatment that the 204p KW model got. Although the picture included in the Spyder Byte email does not give me confidence.

Those pix are promotional pieces, prepared well ahead of the production knives. I'd bet this has the same tweaks as the KW exclusive, but we'll see - soon. :thumbup:

I've never tried (not sure I've even seen) a folder with 52100, but I have one of the MT01 Mules and it's one of my favorites, even after all the super-steel versions that came later.

As you can tell from my user name , l love Carbon Steel ! :D I'm gonna buy one of these the moment it comes down. Hell , I'm gonna make it my new edc ! I already own many FHM Balisongs in this steel. Its a great steel ! Holds a mean edge and easy to sharpen. Just coat it with a little mineral oil and wipe it dry whenever you cut something wet .

Updating this one with some excellent pics from GPKnives

Looks like the CQI changes carried over to this one!

Another one on the gotta have list. Sometimes I think its a conspiracy to keep us all broke:cool::D

c36cfp52100.jpg

c36cfp52100-2.jpg

c36cfp52100-3.jpg

[video=youtube;x7gqy6TDfKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7gqy6TDfKw[/video]

Interesting they went with a black clip instead of satin. Not sure how I feel about that.

Love the black clip! This one is a must have......can't wait to check out this steel!
Love the open back! Might need 2!
Joe

Did anyone have theirs ship? I pre-ordered Feb 22 with KC and no email yet. I have my fingers crossed.

Back