586-142.jpg
- Patented Axis-Assist lock mechanism
- Acid-washed crowned M390 (HRC 60-32) blade with hand polished convex edge
- 3D machined lightning strike carbon fiber handles with mokume onlays
- Black oxide coated split arrow reversible pocket clip
- Heat colored steel barrel spacers
- 100 Piece Limited Edition
- MSRP $1200

All I can say is that dealers are all fighting over them. :) Expensive, but WOW.

$1200?

Someone has traveled to the nearest medical marijuana dispensary.

Last edited:
That's a really groovy and stunning handle! :thumbup:

Is Mokume that expensive!!! Must be real gold in there!

Benchmade-2014-osborne_586-142.jpg

Mokume can be made with various materials. I doubt there is actual precious metal in this one.

Last edited:
$1,200.00 :eek:

I need a second job to keep up. Nice looking blade, but way out of my price range. Glad I snagged a Mini Barrage M390 before the price war of 2014. Is this blad co-sponsored by google and can cut stuff by itself without help?

Glad I snagged a Mini Barrage M390 before the price war of 2014.

Same here for both 586 and 581 in late November. Excellent value.

The looks and prices on some of these Gold Classes leave you in an awe and shock mood. :)

Boy, I don't like the looks of this thing. Isn't this the third variant of the 586, well fourth with the stock version? Never mind the price.

I would imagine. But the customers, maybe not so much.

I agree it is very pricey. I prefer the less expensive gold class knives. I handled this one today. It is really nice. I don't know if my wife would ever let me sleep in the same house, but it IS nice!!

I just woke up and thought this was one of those people with a "fake look-a-like" screen name posting this price. Then I read Derrick of Knivesshipfree confirming it's authentic. Going back to bed and pretending it was just a dream.......

That's insane.

What justifies a price even close to 1200?

I'm being serious.

Let's forget about the price for a moment and yes it is a beautiful piece.Great job Benchmade.

Beautiful knife! I was onboard until I saw the price. Even without MAP, that is an absolutely ludacris amount of money for... What?

The blade steel is no different from the standard model (minus an acid wash), the pocket clip is a standard unit that they will give you for free if you ask nicely, steel barrel spacers... Is the premise of this knife basically a $1000 "upgrade" in handle material?

This should sell for -literally- a third of the MSRP. I adore Benchmade, but wow. I can approach a custom designer and have them build one of these (infringing a few things) for less than the MAP pricing would be.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I like it.
I'd buy one if the price was not way into the custom range, say 350.00 to 400.00 like the 777.

Back