6 month anniversary

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Tomorrow will be 6 months of selling knives, I sold the second one I finished on February 27th and it has been on ever since then!

Time files when your having fun! This time last year I was working in a tent in my yard and used my porch to clamp a vise to for my filing work.... making a bottle opener!

Thanks for the support everyone, without you guys I wouldn't be a knifemaker. :cool:

keep up the good work! can't wait to see more creations from DFK.

Thats great, before you know it another 6 months will be gone. Wonder what new ideas and equipment you'll have in that time.

That's unreal!

Our friend Chris (KFU) mentioned he has only been making/selling knives since March,I believe...

Hard to believe you guys....name-taking & ass STOMPING,has been called.

Congrats,and we need a celebration,and a Commemorative Knife from each of you!

~Gnarly

congrats bro keep it up, you and chris are both in the spotlight!!!
bests, bill

keep up the good work! can't wait to see more creations from DFK.
I have so many plans in store! Must stay focused. lol :D

Thats great, before you know it another 6 months will be gone. Wonder what new ideas and equipment you'll have in that time.
The time has gone by very quickly! I hope to improve my shop and grind indoors this winter and get the knives off of every surface in my kitchen and living room. Too much fun!

That's unreal!

Our friend Chris (KFU) mentioned he has only been making/selling knives since March,I believe...

Hard to believe you guys....name-taking & ass STOMPING,has been called.

Congrats,and we need a celebration,and a Commemorative Knife from each of you!

~Gnarly

Thank you sir! It is cool KFU and DFK have been going about the same time, he is really rocking it over there atthe KFU/BACustome forum!

Chris and I have something in store for you guys btw. Top Secret at the moment. :)

congrats bro keep it up, you and chris are both in the spotlight!!!
bests, bill
Thanks Bill, I hope to get as half as good as you one day! :D

I have so many plans in store! Must stay focused. lol :D
.....Thank you sir! It is cool KFU and DFK have been going about the same time, he is really rocking it over there at the KFU/BACustom forum!

Chris and I have something in store for you guys btw. Top Secret at the moment. :)

Thanks Bill, I hope to get as half as good as you one day! :D

.....something about this reply by DFK just seems to....stick out like a sore thumb....I'm thinking it may have been one of those sub-lemon-all messages....

You guys are killing me!
Just when my knife budget is requiring transfusions of green 'plasma'....and just when I told myself: I'll hafta wait 'til after Christmas for:

my first-ever San Mai,from BA,
and my first-ever Damascus,from BA....
and a KFU Nessie,in Red Mallee Burl,to go with my other two KFU's: EDC & WharnieSheepie....
and more DFK carbidized Titanium....
and the upcoming Michael Morris EDCForum Knife....
and a Wrath Of God: 'Omen' folder from the collaboration of Jake Hoback,peter r & Alphahunter...
and of course: my pre-ordered Blade Show:Knife Of The Year,ZT 0777....
and my pre-ordered ZT/Hinderers: 0550, 0560, 0561,
...to go with my ZT/Hinderer 0551 Elmax,which is serial-numbered the birthdate of my Pug,0104...thanx! to kershawguy!

You guys are killing me.

Obviously,I must take a 6-month leave-of-absence.

Or bob a rank.

.....something about this reply by DFK just seems to....stick out like a sore thumb....I'm thinking it may have been one of those sub-lemon-all messages....

You guys are killing me!
Just when my knife budget is requiring transfusions of green 'plasma'....and just when I told myself: I'll hafta wait 'til after Christmas for:

my first-ever San Mai,from BA,
and my first-ever Damascus,from BA....
and a KFU Nessie,in Red Mallee Burl,to go with my other two KFU's: EDC & WharnieSheepie....
and more DFK carbidized Titanium....
and the upcoming Michael Morris EDCForum Knife....
and a Wrath Of God: 'Omen' folder from the collaboration of Jake Hoback,peter r & Alphahunter...
and of course: my pre-ordered Blade Show:Knife Of The Year,ZT 0777....
and my pre-ordered ZT/Hinderers: 0550, 0560, 0561,
...to go with my ZT/Hinderer 0551 Elmax,which is serial-numbered the birthdate of my Pug,0104...thanx! to kershawguy!

You guys are killing me.

Obviously,I must take a 6-month leave-of-absence.

Or bob a rank.

We try hard to make it tough!

I was at a sporting goods store the other day looking at knives... it was laughable, we have so much cool gear to choose from here!

You mention a Nesmuck, I find the design intriguing but I have never read his book, I may one day have to try one out, read the book. Make one...

Gnarly, we ain't killing ya. Were giving you reasons to live!!!! Lol!!! ;)
You have a lot going brother!

Daniel, congrats on the 6 months. :)

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be 6 months of selling knives, I sold the second one I finished on February 27th and it has been on ever since then!

Time files when your having fun! This time last year I was working in a tent in my yard and used my porch to clamp a vise to for my filing work.... making a bottle opener!

Thanks for the support everyone, without you guys I wouldn't be a knifemaker. :cool:
and without you we wouldn't have the Awesome DFK gear. Bill, Dan and KFU = the new Unholy Trinity! No mercy here, Gnarly. The purchases I have planned will kurl yer teeth! Anyway, we can't take it with us, right? Are there Wharncliffes in He... Wait a minute, Gnarly. Are we going up or down?

Just like Mick & Keith sang,on 'Bridges To Babylon':

You'll never make a saint of me.

Gnarly, sounds like we are just gonna have to work more OT, get a second and third job, sell our blood, and volunteer for
script drug testing. :eek:

I Like Top Secret Stuff!! pm me and tell me ,i promise i wont tell gnarly, lmao

I need to find me a new job... or two... :D :D

and yes, bring on the secret stuff!!!!

Congrats Daniel! Our secret is safe with me! We gotta make em sweat a little right?

OMG..I'm gonna have sell a kidney. I just got 2 knives from DFK Friday, my Backwoods Wharnie is
somewhere between Tennessee and OHIO headin' south, I'm waitn' on wood to dry for my KFU
Wharnie, waiting for EDC forums and Mykel Morris to finish working out the details on the EDCF
Wharnie, and now....now you hint at DFK/KFU collaboration. I've just begun to think about a DFK
TI necker.....so many knives.....just kill me now while I still have some funds for the burial. On
second thought wait till I see what kind of blade DFK and KFU have cooked up.

shit like this really excites me....think i may have peed a few drops...yup.

runaround.gif

Back