710 Sprint Run

I get that people don't like recurves, but without the recurve, it's not a 710 anymore.

I remember not caring for the 710's aesthetics but buying it anyway, for the Axis lock. I have the D2 version. It grew on me and quickly became my favorite folder. I never picked another of the later 710 offerings because I was too busy buying other Benchmade models I liked/wanted. I'd buy another one now if the price was reasonable (well below $200).

Looks like seller's remorse to me but I wouldn't mind one in 20CV or S90V.

If I remember right,you said it was the only Benchmade that had a centered blade.

How many of you would like to see the return of iconic Benchmade 710 in a form of sprint run.I would love satin M390 and G-10 scales with spacers.
Let's have some numbers so Benchmade might do this.
Merry Christmas and stay safe.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the 710 make a comeback either in a limited edition or as an updated standard model.

For flavours; a nice higher end stainless or tool steel with Micarta or layered G-10 scales to keep the price down would be nice

I've never owned a 710, and now that I've come around on uncoated D2 I'd love to own any version from a plain Jane on up to something like 20CV or M390. A fresh run would be exciting. :)

Yes - just bring back the 710. Doesn't matter what steels or handle materials. I also don't mind an XL version with a 5" blade :p

That's true. Then I would be happy about a 710-1, a 710 without recurve and possibly next to the original 710.
Just dreaming.

They already made a 710-1. M390 blade, lightly crowned spine, available in satin or DLC as the 710DLC-1. 250 of each version, pretty sure it was just a KW exclusive. And it definitely had a recurve!

For a new blade shape, they'd probably use a new model number, like the Grip being 550/551/552/553 for sheepsfoot/drop/Ritter/tanto blade shapes. So I guess... 711? Maybe they should skip straight to 712 (so long as there's a 710 accompanying!).

Edit - talking about the 55x blade shapes reminded me, I'd also be down for a 722 or 723 limited run, especially a 723 in something other than an SBK configuration. But I think that'll get a lot less traction than a 710, hah

Benchmade, a 710 LE would be a strong argument for why 2021's going to be a better year than 2020... just sayin'...

cqX6Djw.jpg

710HS has been my go to for 20 years. Shocked that they dropped it.

Actually, speaking of tool steels, that would be a cool direction for a new 710 to take, given the history the model has with M2 in the 710HS, M4 in the -801 and -3, and even the semi-stainless D2 in the regular production.

I was originally thinking M390 or 20CV for another run, but CruWear would be an awesome kind of spiritual successor to those old M2 knives, since Benchmade is working with it now in production on the Adamas.

Back