A good idea? Maybe?

I really don't understand the investment part of this. Did the boss say he wouldn't make certain models again? If so, then this prolly cant happen.
I vaguely remember a post from many years ago, and I don't think Jerry said it, but I seem to remember someone else saying that was the case. There have been Anniversary models like the ASH-1, ASHBM & AMS that were similar in design to the originals but with some differences. I bought a Busse AK-47 in 2005 that was different from the original, and the 2016 BG AK-47 is slightly different from the 2005 INFI AK-47. I think these differences help preserve the collector value of the originals.

I vaguely remember a post from many years ago, and I don't think Jerry said it, but I seem to remember someone else saying that was the case. There have been Anniversary models like the ASH-1, ASHBM & AMS that were similar in design to the originals but with some differences. I bought a Busse AK-47 in 2005 that was different from the original, and the 2016 BG AK-47 is slightly different from the 2005 INFI AK-47. I think these differences help preserve the collector value of the originals.

Thank you.

I really don't understand the investment part of this. Did the boss say he wouldn't make certain models again? If so, then this prolly cant happen.

You have less than 10 days to get one. . . . and then. . . the "Nuclear Meltdown Fusion Battle Mistress" is gone forever!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
. . .
Jerry :D

Above quote is from August 2008 and was typical of promotions for many models produced in those days, making a promise of exclusivity to guarantee rarity and enhance value for collectors.

Above quote is from August 2008 and was typical of promotions for many models produced in those days, making a promise of exclusivity to guarantee rarity and enhance value for collectors.

Ahh...thanx Will. Well....as ole dandy Don Meredith used to say, "turn out the lights, the partys over" :)
....unless maybe we do get some re-release models.

I'm guessing that those are all marked as LE

I'm in a pickle with it.

A NMFBM Is on my must have list, but I can't justify buying one on the secondary market for the current markup and then beat on it.

Same with the moab

Busse did continue to offer NMFBM’s at shows after the initial offering was over, just not in the same configurations as the original CG and LE runs.

It’s not that hard to tweak a model and make it recognizably different. He’s done the same with some other models at ganzaas, etc. I’m thinking if the idea of a “Legend” series appealed to him, Jerry would find a way to get it done.

When Jerry announced the "Battle Grade" knives, he said:

These Battle Grade models will be run in very limited numbers and will not be offered again for at least another year or two . . . or maybe never. To start with, these models will only be offered for approximately “2 weeks”. All of the above is subject to change, but that is the plan as of right now.

I know "at least another year or two" isn't "never," but since we all know how long "two weeks" can be, I'd take that to mean at least a decade. ;)

In the old days Jerry did indeed say on quite a few offerings that they would never be offered again. He has stuck to that thus far. As a collector, I feel that any near re-releases have been significantly different to maintain the value of the originals. For instance, anyone who has handled the original Steel Heart will immediately realize that the ASH is a different knife.

I'm guessing that those are all marked as LE

There were both CG’s and LE’s in that original NMFBM offering. The CG’s were nominally .25” thick and all came standard with hand-smoothed micarta or G10 grips. I’ve never seen an NMFBM at .25” thick that was made after that offering, and those original CG’s have obviously escalated nicely in value. The satin LE’s were nominally .27” thick with hand-shaped tiger-hide linen micarta, and were numbered.

Later small offerings of NMFBM’s at shows and a few ganzaas had machined grips, all satin IIRC, and all had thick blades—certainly thicker than .25”. The original CG at .25” was the quickest and most nimble, and many in the know still value that model above the others for its handling.

There were both CG’s and LE’s in that original NMFBM offering. The CG’s were nominally .25” thick and all came standard with hand-smoothed micarta or G10 grips. I’ve never seen an NMFBM at .25” thick that was made after that offering, and those original CG’s have obviously escalated nicely in value. The satin LE’s were nominally .27” thick with hand-shaped tiger-hide linen micarta, and were numbered.

Later small offerings of NMFBM’s at shows and a few ganzaas had machined grips, all satin IIRC, and all had thick blades—certainly thicker than .25”. The original CG at .25” was the quickest and most nimble, and many in the know still value that model above the others for its handling.
Ha, I never knew that. I have one from the original run that's been collecting dust at the back of my safe. I'll have to get it out and have a look at it again.

Back