A killer camp knife, from concept drawing to finished product.

the concept seems well executed. It is too 'big' for me, but the design is well thought out, and the workmanship looks good.

I agree, it's not my thing but the execution looks flawless. Your work is steadily improving. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Very nice. My problem is every time I see a design like this I immediately starting thinking how sweet an even larger version would be.

Alright. Let's see if I can knock some of these questions out.

Sheath pics or GTFO. :D

I actually didn't make a sheath for this one. I thought about how i would do a sheath for it for a while and decided that it would be better in leather. The problem with kydex is that it's not for everything. This thing would be much better in a leather sheath with a snap strap over it.

Wow, only just spotted this post !

I bet it's one hell of a slicer eh !!!!

The drawing looked cool but the actual knife looks amazing, I'm sure you are going to do great as a knife maker buddy !!!!!

Thanks broski! It does indeed slice like a mother.

Great work.
What grind is on the knife? (hard to tell from photos)

It has a convex saber grind. The grind I put on this is the same as the grind I would put on a regular sized bushcrafty belt knife, so it's still cuts and slices like a laser, but with all that meat behind it, it can also chop like nobody's bidness.

Dylan that is a great lookig design. I really like it.

Now what are the specs?

The blade is 5 1/2 long,2 1/2 wide and 10 1/2 overall length.This one does not have any liners and the handle is about 1 inch at the widest point.

Great work! I really like the up sweep on the spine that you use.
Besides more mass and pleasing lines, have you noticed any benefits to this?

Those lines are going to be common on a lot of my designs. While I do like a thumb ramp on a spine, I find most of them in the wrong place or overdone on most knives. I'm trying to make my thumb ramps as user friendly as possible so you can actually take advantage of them while, at the same time, not making it an obvious "feature" that sticks out on the knife and takes away from the lines. I wanted it to blend in.

I love it, that's a knife I would buy. you making any for sale?

Absolutely. I'm going to be starting a batch of them very soon. If anyone is interested in one of these and wants to know the price or wants to make sure they're on the list, shoot me an email. No deposit required. Just say, "hey, when you make more, make one for me too."

fletcherknives at gmail dot com

Sheath pics? Whats the pricepoint on these?

These are $200 plus shipping for right now.

I was just telling someone earlier today, I'm actually really surprised at how popular this knife has gotten. This thing started out as an idea for a camp knife that would also make a good spatula. lol. In reality, I ACCIDENTALLY made a really great camp knife that's an awesome blend between a chopper and a slicer. The size of the knife makes it great for pack or belt so it's not too much to carry however you want. I'm really happy that it has been so well received. I'm definitely making more of them. Thanks a ton for all the compliments guys. I really appreciate it.

Keep the designs coming man, I think you’re doing a great job. This blade isn’t for me but I can see why people would dig it.

Looking forward to your future offerings. Again, your knives are looking awesome man. The Hawkzula really impressed me. I’d like to see a 7-8” overall with a 3-4” blade (maybe a drop point) bushcraft style blade.

What handle material is on it? Could we pick handle material and say as long as it's nothing exotic just like green or black canvas micarta will the price point stay the same?

So $200 with no sheath? Also can we get a shot in hand?

Keep the designs coming man, I think you’re doing a great job. This blade isn’t for me but I can see why people would dig it.

Looking forward to your future offerings. Again, your knives are looking awesome man. The Hawkzula really impressed me. I’d like to see a 7-8” overall with a 3-4” blade (maybe a drop point) bushcraft style blade.

I'm finishing up a few next week that are Delta Foxtrots and one Peoples Knife. The Delta Foxtrot is a bushcraft knife that I really think is going to impress the people that handle it. The Peoples Knife is the same design but with a bottle opener on the butt.

What handle material is on it? Could we pick handle material and say as long as it's nothing exotic just like green or black canvas micarta will the price point stay the same?

So $200 with no sheath? Also can we get a shot in hand?

As long as it's nothing exotic, like just a different color micarta, the price would only go up like $5. Otherwise, I'll just stick with the black canvas micarta. I love that stuff. For grip, canvas micarta is hard to beat, and black always looks good.

Blade thickness? I looked didn't see. Looks like 3/8th?

It's 3/16" thick.

Don't forget guys, I'm doing an email list. If you want to get on it, all you have to do is shoot me an email at fletcherknives at gmail dot com. When you get on the email list, you'll get an email the day before an available knife or batch goes up for sale giving the time it will be posted. That way, you get a heads up and everyone gets a shot at it. SIGN UP FOR THE EMAIL LIST!

Dylside, if you want to continue to show knives in Wilderness & Survival Skills, you will need more actual use shown, AND find another forum for the sales talk. I know people will ask but you have to ignore those questions or remind them to ask offline.

Nice work broham, I am very impressed:thumbup::thumbup:
I look forward to seeing pictures of it in action.
Cheers!!

Very cool design, and nice job on the thick, curvy handles. It shows that you've spent some time with a certain SpiderMan. ;) How does the woods-cleaver chop?

Dylside, if you want to continue to show knives in Wilderness & Survival Skills, you will need more actual use shown, AND find another forum for the sales talk. I know people will ask but you have to ignore those questions or remind them to ask offline.

Will do. My bad bro.

Very cool design, and nice job on the thick, curvy handles. It shows that you've spent some time with a certain SpiderMan. ;) How does the woods-cleaver chop?

It chops great. That thing sinks in deep without much effort at all.

Back