1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

A knife similar to the Applegate Fairbain Combat II?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Me?, Oct 22, 2020.

1. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    If I were going to spend that much on a dagger I would look at the Randall model 2, or just have someone make one for me.

n2s

2. Legendary_Jarl

Legendary_Jarl

Feb 8, 2010
    Man it's gone up in price significantly it's not even funny. I'm interested in adding one to my collection but not at a $200+ expense.

3. The Whip

The Whip

Jan 28, 2007
    I hear you. The Bokers have gotten significantly more expensive over the past couple of years. But if the OP wants a real A-F, he'll have to pay. In my experience, there are other daggers and even a few better daggers, but there's no real substitute for the genuine A-F.

-Steve

GIRLYmann likes this.
  4. USMCPOP

USMCPOP Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I have a Boker Applegate-Fairbairn that my son got in the fall of 2004 for about $100. Now I see the "Combat II". Is there any difference or are they just twice as expensive?