A look at Sebenza design changes through the years

had one in ebony myself way back, let it go too. For some reason i wish for a full ti mnandi, i know i know, its not as dressy. but a full ti framelock mnandi

I’d like one fully blasted with micarta. I’d also like to see an Impinda with micarta inlays.

Added a few photos:
- Another jimping comparison with a 2003 Classic MM blade added (wider jimping)
- Serration & finish closeups just for reference

Thank you for the comparisons. Although I am not a Chris Reeve knife collector I have owned a decorated (Solar Wind) small regular Sebenza for around 20 years. While I own more practical to carry (much less valuable) knives this clips on my pocket more often than not. For me it's the right size, weight, blade shape, locking system, feel and looks.
I've been curious about the differences between the Sebenzas and now I know. Thank you!

Thank you for the comparisons. Although I am not a Chris Reeve knife collector I have owned a decorated (Solar Wind) small regular Sebenza for around 20 years. While I own more practical to carry (much less valuable) knives this clips on my pocket more often than not. For me it's the right size, weight, blade shape, locking system, feel and looks.
I've been curious about the differences between the Sebenzas and now I know. Thank you!
I'm glad it was helpful. I'm still planning to do a video version at some point. I should have an older "P" version in my hands soon to add to the comparison as well.

Added a Sebenza P to the initial post.
I really need to do the video.

Sebenzas_13DEC2023_2048_Pixel_10.jpg

Thanks for the interesting thread on Sebenza evolution.
I managed to buy these a while back. They were sold by Chris Reeve to an Italian cutlery store back in the day on an early sales trip. They have been in stasis until the knife gods granted me a couple of wishes. The owner explained they only used to bring them out for Xmas stock display. So it was Merry Xmas to me this time. They both even include original poly styrene peanuts in the correct pristine cardboard boxes with papers and hex tool. It was a buzz to find and first own them.
I understand they are a Small Regular Sebenza from 1997 and a Decorated Small Sebenza from 1994. The Decorated Sebe didn't come with a clip but does have a light brown leather slip pouch.
The shop owner asked if I wanted them sharpened whilst in the process of purchasing. Needless to say the answer was thanks but no thanks.
PblmgBx.jpg

uPeGWCD.jpg

bqhHUJO.jpg

VcJe4R6.jpg

XFczsLY.jpg

dUjY5Gp.jpg

I managed to buy these a while back. They were sold by Chris Reeve to an Italian cutlery store back in the day on an early sales trip. They have been in stasis until the knife gods granted me a couple of wishes. The owner explained they only used to bring them out for Xmas stock display. So it was Merry Xmas to me this time. They both even include original poly styrene peanuts in the correct pristine cardboard boxes with papers and hex tool. It was a buzz to find and first own them.
I understand they are a Small Regular Sebenza from 1997 and a Decorated Small Sebenza from 1994. The Decorated Sebe didn't come with a clip but does have a light brown leather slip pouch.
The shop owner asked if I wanted them sharpened whilst in the process of purchasing. Needless to say the answer was thanks but no thanks.
PblmgBx.jpg

uPeGWCD.jpg

bqhHUJO.jpg

VcJe4R6.jpg

XFczsLY.jpg

dUjY5Gp.jpg
Thank you sharing those beautiful knives and great story!

Mind Blown ! WoW !

Talk about 'museum quality'.

PblmgBx.jpg

uPeGWCD.jpg

bqhHUJO.jpg

VcJe4R6.jpg

XFczsLY.jpg

dUjY5Gp.jpg
Oh wow. Congratulations. What a great story!! I guess we can say the Chris’ designs didn’t appeal to the Italian tastes to have such amazing pieces in stock for so long. What a find!!!

Thank you for coming here to share.

ATS 34 in 96' , BG 42 in 97' ... There ya go!!!!B
Hey bart1, thanks for your comment.
Pls excuse my ignorance, are you saying CRK used ATS34 until '96 and then went to BG42 for a period from '97?
I read the card and asked the vendor (elderly Italian fellow) Re the Decorated Sebe's date written on the build certificate and his comment was 1994. It looks like a "four" to me,
Is 1994 for ATS34 consistent with CRK history?
The objective of my questions is to understand the correct build date.
There's another cutlery shop in the same Italian town and the owner spoke to me about Chris Reeve visiting them over those early to mid 90's. I also saw a photo of Chris with him in his shop.
TIA to all.

Most certainly a 6 and early 96 is good with the ATS-34. I have a late 96 with BG42. Also if made in 94 it would almost certainly have a P on it.

Heres some great info;

View attachment 2498956

Most certainly a 6 and early 96 is good with the ATS-34. I have a late 96 with BG42. Also if made in 94 it would almost certainly have a P on it.

Heres some great info;

View attachment 2498956
Thanks for that Kattleman, much appreciated.

Back