A low ride clip!!!!

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes

I want a spydie low ride clip.

BTW: the wire clips in the Caly 3 and the Cat CF handle models are pretty low ride. I wish that sort of clip was on my endura 4 and kopa (not wire on the kopa though)

i've really been considering doing this my self. but i would love to have a low ride pocket clip

LOL, can't believe this thread got resurrected! That said, I wonder what happened to the idea? I'd love low rider clips for my Delica4, Manix2, G10 Dragonfly, Pacific Salt, heck all of my metal ClipIt Spydercos (except my two Caly3s which already have the low rider wire clips).

Wow, I'd love to get one for my Gayle Bradley M-4, Persistence and Tenacious. Have an STR for the Paramilitary. Great for IWB carry.

Yes, bring on the clips !

Thread started 4 1/2 yrs ago? Apparently not enough interest?

What is the current official status?

For crying out loud read the topic start date!!!

11-29-2005

Last edited:
Low riding clips are a horrible idea, the folder in a fight drill proves it takes even longer to index and deploy. Just say no to a bad idea.

Sal, I just sold my first spyderco because of the clip issue. Also, as basically all your clips are the same, I will not be buying another one until this issue is fixed. I like many of your designs, but your average handle length coupled with your clip design and placement do not give me enough room on the handle to grip the knife in my pocket. I like to have as much of a fighting grip as possible in my pocket so I can just whip it out, deploy the knife, and go. Your lack of real estate on the handle in pocket prevents me from getting a good grip and your clip design also forces my fingers off the handle while drawing it from my pocket as it redirects the pressure of the fabric right onto my fingers. These two issues prevent me from calling your folding knives defensive tools. Fixing this issue, especially if you make your clip fold over in design so that it rides like a sog clip, would allow me once again to buy a spyderco. Please contact me for any further explanation of the problems I found. For a great example of what my goals are look to the sog aegis.

Sal, I just sold my first spyderco because of the clip issue. Also, as basically all your clips are the same, I will not be buying another one until this issue is fixed. I like many of your designs, but your average handle length coupled with your clip design and placement do not give me enough room on the handle to grip the knife in my pocket. I like to have as much of a fighting grip as possible in my pocket so I can just whip it out, deploy the knife, and go. Your lack of real estate on the handle in pocket prevents me from getting a good grip and your clip design also forces my fingers off the handle while drawing it from my pocket as it redirects the pressure of the fabric right onto my fingers. These two issues prevent me from calling your folding knives defensive tools. Fixing this issue, especially if you make your clip fold over in design so that it rides like a sog clip, would allow me once again to buy a spyderco. Please contact me for any further explanation of the problems I found. For a great example of what my goals are look to the sog aegis.

LOL. :D Geesshhhh..... You don't need a Spydie..Get a gun....:yawn:

Back