A new flipper from Case

This makes me incredibly sad.

Too bad it's not April. It would be worth a chuckle.

Meh. I guess I'm a "dance with who brung 'ya" guy, and I have always appreciated Case for making "my grandpa carried a Case" knives....carry one myself very often, a Red Bone CV Peanut.

Jumping into a flooded, potentially peaking flipper game with a nondescript one, whatever the price, quality, or origin seems kinda unsatisfying to me. Not sure if "unsatisfying" is the right word..."uninspired" maybe?

I carried the traditional style that Case is known for once upon a time. Then I got used to the convenience of a flipper tab and never looked back. It's cool to see Case trying something new. The design looks nice based on this one picture. However, it looks like a far less expensive knife. Even with good blade steel, why in the heck does this cost over $200?!?

Not sure if "unsatisfying" is the right word..."uninspired" maybe
Perhaps both. ;) It looks like neither "fish nor fowl" so to speak; kind of a Kershaw/case???? :eek: Certainly worth trying for $75-$100 or so (may be worth more, but as an intro make it a deal) :thumbsup:

At $200 this is solidly inside ZT territory.

As much as I love my Case Peanut (one of my favorite knives), and have loved other Case slipjoints I've owned in the past, I wouldn't pay ZT money for this knife.

The design is a riff off a classic Case lockback, the Mako. At least it's not another grey Ti turd, with the same blade shape and a high hollow grind like a bunch of others.

I'll withhold judgement until I can actually hold one and see the action. I buy Case's Bose collaborations, and they are well worth it and cost $300+. They used to make a modern liner lock knife in BG42, SlimLock, so its not their first modern rodeo. That as a nice well made knife, just a little small for my taste.

Case's price and quality range from $30-450, so it's not really fair to generalize their product line. I've had success with many of their knives at a variety of prices. Never returned a new one, and the one I did return for repair, was fixed for free.

Some sites say Case/Southern Grind with this shark tooth knife,not sure where this thing is made.....

My thoughts upon receiving it.
Detent needs to be better about a 4/10
fit and finish is great 8.5/10
grind and bevels nice and even 8.5/10
stonewash on blade really nice 9/10
ergos ok 7.5/10
traction on blade top aggressive 8.5/10
inlay in scales done really well 8.5/10
All in all a nice knife pretty large blade to handle ratio, im thinking maybe 150 bucks would be better price point but im glad I got it in fact I ordered another one to give to my brother if that says anything for it.
aKKKmhX.jpg
mr7t9E3.jpg

LDtJbXc.jpg
uAIvbW6.jpg

FyBHij6.jpg
yqrLQ7Z.jpg

My thoughts upon receiving it.
Detent needs to be better about a 4/10
fit and finish is great 8.5/10
grind and bevels nice and even 8.5/10
stonewash on blade really nice 9/10
ergos ok 7.5/10
traction on blade top aggressive 8.5/10
inlay in scales done really well 8.5/10
All in all a nice knife pretty large blade to handle ratio, im thinking maybe 150 bucks would be better price point but im glad I got it in fact I ordered another one to give to my brother if that says anything for it.
aKKKmhX.jpg
mr7t9E3.jpg

LDtJbXc.jpg
uAIvbW6.jpg

FyBHij6.jpg
yqrLQ7Z.jpg
That's disappointing about the detent. Thanks for the pics and impressions though.

That's disappointing about the detent. Thanks for the pics and impressions though.
Yeah its almost there on the detent it drops shut so I might tweak the lockbar a smidge to see if that helps. Not a deal breaker it flips just not snappy like I like em

I dont know the more I play with it the better the action is ,its a different kind of flip you pull back and swing it out not snap it out hard to explain lol. Its kinda lazy but light switching only, doesnt work to push button it. One thing for sure its a slicy stabby darn blade wicked sharp too.

Last edited:
I like it. I like the other SG collaborations as well. The only downside on all of them is the price. I think they could definitely stand to be a bit cheaper.

Back