A Walk Down Riot Street

Originally posted by D7reamers
How do you survive a violent race riot, like an L.A. riot?
Your objective is to get out of the area. It helps to know the area well - so make sure you do before going there. If you're a member of whichever race has more members present, you might be able to exit the area without being bothered, as most of the violence will be directed towards people who don't look like you. No, it's still not a "safe" place (for anyone) to be, but your chances are better. You'll probably be bothered less by the rioters if they think you're one of them, so run with them, yell what they're yelling, etc., untill you can find a way out of the area. If you're a member of whichever race is being slaughtered - get out of sight and stay there. If you can't find a safe way to leave the area, look for a safe place to hide for a few hours.
Major Natrual Disaters riots. What do you need to prepare for one? How do you survive one if caught going back and forth to work without a BOB?(Tornados are common around where I live)
In this type of situation, it's each man for himself. These riots are not directed towards persons, but resources. If you are driving a SUV loaded up with supplies you're a prime target (no, that doesn't mean leave the vehicle behind). If you are working in a store, lock the doors as soon as the riot begins (if not beforehand). If you're just walking down the street, rioters might not even notice you. Try to get out of the rioting area ASAP.
Sport and Concert Riots. What do you do if your caught in a crowd gone bad and you not allowed to have anything on you at these places?
Go with the flow. The building structure, the police/security, and maybe the band/sports teams are in danger; most hostility will not be directed towards members of the crowd unless they do something to set themselves apart. If you set up a defensive perimeter you'll be attacked. If you act like one of the crowd, your main danger is beind (accidently) trampled. Keep moving, don't fight the crowd, look for exits, don't get knocked off your feet.

In most types of riots, I think it'd be easier to escape if you're alone. Trying to keep a family together and safe would be difficult at best. In most riots, I believe, the # of people seriously injured vs # of people present is fairly low. If you consider yourself a GG and you run towards the police (for safety), don't assume that they'll assume you're a GG. Police are not friendly in riots, and unless you're carrying a small child, I wouldn't expect them to help. In fact, figuring that the police will head towards the middle of the riot, and much violence will be directed towards them or come from them, you're probably safest if you get as far from the police as possible.

Don't get killed and don't get caught - good luck.

Take a split second in order to check your current mindset; you will survive this riot at any cost.

Avoid the crowds. If you move with the sheeple, you ARE a sheeple. Remain on the outskirts, and not in the center of the herd. The herd is where stampedes take place, and the herd is a target to be dispatched. Get as far away from the herd as possible and continue to move further from it.

If you somehow become cornered, confronted, or challenged by someone attempting to escalate your danger, then ATTACK as swiftly and as lethally as possible. Stomp a foot, kick a knee, knee a groin, gouge the eyes, or perforate the abdomen swiftly, and then continue to move rapidly away from the threat. Don't FREEZE. Fight the tunnel vision. Scan your area for the quickest path OUT, and move, move, move.

In our current state of alert, nationwide, I think it would be very prudent to avoid any and all situations that involve crowds; concerts, sporting events, protests, rallies, etc. Given the nature of our enemy and the likely occurrence of future terrorism, probably bio or chem, I am staying away from all such venues. To me it's just not worth it. Especially if you are infected or poisoned. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. And if you are caught in it, and a bio or chem attack does happen, how do you get home to the family? IMO, my first job is to survive to help THEM survive. If this means giving up a concert or ball game, fine with me. "Sorry, Austin, Daddy isn't coming home because he wanted to see the Mariners at Safeco Field when he could've watched it on TV."

Sorry. Unacceptable in my book. Especially given Seattle PD's recent history of handling riots.

Am I paranoid. Maybe. Do I care? No.

Now, what does worry me is my proximity to Mt. Rainier that is classified as a Class 2 volcano - "Possible eruption within 30 to 90 days", and trying to get home to my family should it blow while I'm at work. I've already mapped out several different routes home in my head. The easiest/quickest will probably be stop and go traffic jam.
That's why I have a backpack in my car with enough food,water,clothing, weaponry to get me home should I have to walk the 20 miles.

Ok, now I have another one.

Mob rule...
What if I am stuck in a country that HATE Americans?
(I seen this on TV, a reporter was being chased by a mob of 50 or more people.)

Originally posted by D7reamers
Ok, now I have another one.

Mob rule...
What if I am stuck in a country that HATE Americans?
(I seen this on TV, a reporter was being chased by a mob of 50 or more people.)

Own and carry a belt fed weapon.

LOL

Actually I dunno...but i'd like to hear ppl's opinions.

I had the pleasure of being in the heart of the riot when they broke out in LA over the Rodney King Trial. "For those of you who have never been to LA there are parts of the city that are compromised of certain ethnic groups." Anyways, on that particular day, anyone who was not black was targeted. I for one believe that there are certain members of our society, who riot just cause they want to destroy something or someone and not for any particular reason, than just to be down right mean. These are the worst form of human being in my book. A lot worst that those folks on sept 11, in my book.

Anyway, I was in that particular area on business, away from my car had no tools on me. Big mistake! These savages were going around busting out windows,setting fires etc... Well they came the store where I was doing business at and busted out the window. We had decided to stay inside, call 911 and wait for police assistant as instructed by LE assuring us that we were safer inside and they had the situation under control! Trying to make a make shift weapon isn't as easy as it sounds in certain environments. "I think when your in a riot situation you have to have a weapon that can knock the wind out of someone in one shot and keeping them at bay is important, because you can expect 2 or 3 attackers to come at you. I had manage to find an old pipe. Which I was able to bend enough so that it looked like crow bar with a flat edge at the tip. Well anyways I guess they must have busted out the windows and robbed all the other stores and set fire to them thats when they went after the store I was in. Since it had metal gates on the door and windows they used a car as to ram the window. You can't believe the shock that I was in I saw that car coming towards the window! We headed out the back door when we saw that truck coming and proceeded to run towards our cars that when a bunch of black youths started chasing us. they were busting out car windows taking whatever they could. After a brief fight Lucky we were semi armed and they weren't. We headed back to the ally, I was thinking of jumping into a dumpster and riding it out till night fall. But I was afraid that LE couldn't get this under control soon. The longer you stay in the war zone, the less chances you are going to make it out alive as the riots pick up steam. So we made a run for it, since getting to our cars were not an option. My plan at the time was to find a solid car that look like it didn't have an alarm on it and bust out the window and bust the ignition and start the baby up and drive home. I'll pay for damages later or do time, but not going to die like this. We were still hiding at the time when a black lady saw us and opened up her door and told us to hop in bless her heart!

I think in an urban environment there not a whole lot you can do when the mob takes over either you are with the mob or your against the mob. you can't really hide cause they will track you down sooner or later. No matter how highly trained you are, its my belief if your not armed and are box in they will get you.

Back